Studio Series discussion

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I'd been assuming that Optimus was a smaller version of the character just for this A-level assortment. But did I catch that right that they said they're scaling down all the TFOne characters for Studio Series? I.e., this is the primary TFOne Optimus, and all the characters will be scaled to match him, as opposed to the SS/WfC/Legacy standard of scaling against a Voyager Optimus?

If so, that's a bit disappointing. I've been really liking having a universal standard scale. Coming so soon after Omega Prime went completely off the scale rails in the other direction, it makes me wonder if they'll be abandoning it going forward. I certainly hope not.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I caught that, too. It does make sense. This movie could bring in a lot of new young fans that have never been in the market for Transformers figures before. Keeping the price of admission a bit lower (especially since costs have been moving steadily up) for new customers may help create a whole new generation of continued toy-buyers.

But agreed, I hope that doesn't bleed into the main line where I've already got a large amount of more-or-less in scale figures.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Think of it as everyone in TF: One being younger, so they're all smaller. ;)
Well, the future leaders are. In the trailer, the size difference between them and Bee is less than we usually see, and they're smaller than the one I'm pretty sure is supposed to be Darkwing.

Glitch

Citizen
So there's a 'leak' for Revenge of the Fallen anniversary.
If I were to guess, it'd be Optimus Prime, Jetfire, ROTF Bumblebee and maybe the Arcee triplets or Jolt for the Autobots.
ROTF Megatron (silver finish), The Fallen, tattoo Starscream and Sideways or ROTF soundwave for the Decepticons.

Be cool if it was a retool for Optimus to include and contain the matrix.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That would be interesting. I still have my Autobot '07 mint in box mainly because I don't have room to display them individually currently. Trying to rectify that.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Some interesting possibilities.
  • a pair of Voyager/Leader 2-packs: an Optimus Prime/Jetfire 2-pack (with Jolt in the backdrop having as much dimension as he had in the movie), and a Megatron/Burning Fallen 2-pack.
  • a pair of Deluxe 2-packs: an Arcee Triplets/Sideways 2-pack, and all-new molds for a Skids/Mudflap 2-pack, their first time in Studio Series.
  • or a multi-pack like the first Movie got, based on the Forest Battle. Optimus (with Energon hooks), Megatron, Starscream, Grindor.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Clearly we're finally getting SS Skids and Mudflap.
I seriously would not be surprised if that is the case. However, as with the last box sets, they were all previously released molds. That leads me to believe it will be Jolt and Sideswipe.

Shadewing

Citizen
I seriously would not be surprised if that is the case. However, as with the last box sets, they were all previously released molds. That leads me to believe it will be Jolt and Sideswipe.

Realistically I expect Jolt to be in the set, as that was his only purpose in the movie was to combine Optimus and Jetfire. But with how they've been doing 4pks as ways to release toys they can't/wont release at retail, I at least need to joke about ROTF's most infamous due finally getting new toys.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Honestly, I'd be shocked if RotF Skids and Mudflap ever got toys as part of the Studio Series line. And I have rather mixed feelings about that.

Seriously, the two were hardly popular characters, but God knows that we could get better toys for them.

Top Bottom