Studio Series discussion

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm cautiously curious about it, and apprehensive about the possibility of having to choose between the existing one and a new one. But I'm a little excited about it given the flexibility they have with this approach and what they've managed in the last few years.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
If it's worse than the Combiner Wars version, I can just stick with that.

But if Devastator and his components can actually hold their guns, then they'll already be an improvement.

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
I'm curious about the connection scheme for 86 Devastator. It'd be nice if at least the arms were swappable with another combiner, but I'm expecting another unique system.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I passed on the CW Devastator because I felt it was too big to stand with the rest of the line. I'm curious just how big this one will be.

MrBlud

Citizen
I’d be shocked if he’s that small.

I figure he’ll be shorter than the Titan but still probably a bit bigger than Menasor,

Shadewing

Citizen
I didn't buy Menasor either. Anyone have a pic of him next to any of the CW combiners?

Probably not the most accurate since my CW Menasor is modded but:

IMG_20221201_221342903_HDR.jpg

Friend took this photo:

Attachments

• image8160.jpg
    image8160.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 39

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I’d be shocked if he’s that small.
Why? Wouldn't it make sense to make him in-scale with the other combiners? Fictionally-speaking, he's not supposed to be bigger than his peers.

93bcz49.jpeg

Heck, even his original toy was the same height as the Scramble City-type combiners. It was only Predaking who towered over them all, and he wasn't dramatically bigger than the other combiners in the fiction either.

TriBlurr

Citizen
Its entirely possible that thier spacing the team out, like they did with RotF Devastator and Hook and Long Haul are 2026.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
In a weird turn of events, look forward to Leader Class Galvatron AND Leader Class Megatron, coming to Studios Series soon*

*soon is reletive.

Again credit to Jtprime17, via TFW2005

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm curious about the connection scheme for 86 Devastator. It'd be nice if at least the arms were swappable with another combiner, but I'm expecting another unique system.
I'm sure at least part of it will (need to) be unique, but I agree that it'd be neat for at least the limbs to connect to the unique torso setup via famiiar joints.

I guess this being 86 also gives us a shot at a Mixmaster that doesn't arbitrarily change up the design. I hope Long Haul is still super chonk though.

(I half wonder if they're mostly tall Deluxes in size, and at least a few of the Voyager ones will just come with extra stuff.)

I passed on the CW Devastator because I felt it was too big to stand with the rest of the line. I'm curious just how big this one will be.
I got it, but also went and got the downsized KO, who's at a size I much prefer (similar to the other combiners in combined mode). Prefer it that way, accurate or not; skipped Predaking for the same reason and I hope they eventually get around to redoing that set.

I could do with Devastator and Predaking being a bit taller than the others, but not Titan class tall.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Galvatron is meh for me as I can neither imagine that mold being painted better nor a new mold that captured the character any better.

Megatron... give me a super accurate robot mode that looks like it stepped out of the toon and it can turn into any made up nonsense nothing space vehicle they make it.

-ZacWilliam, cause that's really fine if the robot mode is on point imo.

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, a new Galvatron confuses me unless its just like a premium painted version of the Kingdom mold. I'm not sure how much they can improve on that. But a new Megatron to go along with the Commander Optimus for the 40th makes sense, especially if he's more screen accurate.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Ugh, we don't need another Galvatron. Legacy Galvatron is plenty fine, and there are still boat-loads of him clogging all the shelves and simply refuse to go away.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like Kingdom Galvatron well enough but there were a few things about it that I'd like to see executed better. To be honest, though, it's still an odd choice. Maybe they'll just redeco it in a bluer shade of violet, idk.

Top Bottom