Studio Series discussion

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That Rhinox looks interesting. I'd like to see better pics of it. I'm not big on organic beast Transformers, but these more robotic animal versions are looking pretty decent to me.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I like the fact that they are kind of nodding to some of the Transmetal aesthetics. I don't generally buy Movieverse figures (except on rare occasions), but so far, most of the animal designs have been pretty cool.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

Its up on the front page now.
Cheers for the link and the news! I hadn't seen those pics before now. I hope Megatron doesn't suffer any design flaws like OP (holes in the alt mode) and Breakdown (unstable clown shoes). I will probably wait until all the WFC figures are repainted in metallics and the ROTB Maximals are repainted in almost anything else apart from their first versions.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I still think I'm going to pick up Megatron. I am having some doubts on passing on Prime, but the Autobot WfC designs didn't speak to me like the Decepticon designs. If that trend holds true with the toys, I'll probably just pick up the Decepticons.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I like the new Autobots from Rise of the Beasts well enough but the eponymous beasts just end up drab versions of Kingdom.

megatron is okay but Prime isn’t all that good either so I guess I’ll pass. Might pick up Bee though since the old Deluxe was always gigantic and the smaller scale makes it even bigger in comparison.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The more I see of the WFC toys, the more I realize that I'm just really over that aesthetic.
Yeah, there was a time when it felt like Animated -- something clicked and I just no longer had a strong desire to see more of it.

Of this batch, Barricade is the only real interesting one for the newness, but it may be out of place with the other WFC era stuff I have, and it's just not that fetching a design.

Bee I might be intrigued by, if only to have a non-unfun-fiddly-ass-mess version of that design.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
All three of the first wave of Gamer inspired Studio series figures are online with reviews, from the looks of things, the deluxes are suffering from some issues when it comes to their legs, of course, OP has the massive hole at the back of his vehicle mode, gotta feel sorry for those people who display their TFs with their rear ends facing forwards!

MrBlud

Citizen
That’s really shitty on Hasbro’s part IMO.

I don’t mind the Ironhide since a superior version is currently clogging the shelves but for Prowl to be made available again BUT only as a danaged figure that isn’t really going to go with the rest of your collection is…really shitty.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Buzzworthy and SG have both had swappable alt heads, so hopefully that's a possibility for this and the damage visual is mostly contained to that part. And maybe a sticker or two or something for the shot he takes in the chest (or a blast effect to peg onto the left shoulder, closest thing).

Either way it'll be hilarious to have a toy of one of the most goddamn visceral and traumatic moments of my cartoon-viewing kid years.

Whatever ends up happening there, whatever the deco is, what I want most for this release is for them to Buzzworthy Kup/CJ it by replacing all his clear plastic with opaque. I could not care less if he then wouldn't match the other Datsuns. Remake the rest that way. Make these less nerve-wracking to play with.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I was excited - and immediately not excited - for Brawn. I want to like him, I really do. It sounds like Evan and Co. spent quite a bit of time toiling over him, but yeah, it's just not good. The head and face look really off, the proportions are weird-looking in both modes, and crucially, it does not make me want to replace my LG version (which is great and incredibly fun still!).

I think that this might be the first Fanstream where I can safely say that I don't want anything that is soon-to-be-preorderable.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I love Brawn as a character (my first TF toy) so I will buy him. I think he looks OK. But not as good as I wish he did.

I'll probably preorder the Shockwave set, entirely for Seeker Shockwave.

All the Pipeline ones sound awesome though. Want pretty much all of those thank you.

-ZacWilliam, especially Strong Arm.

The Phazer

Citizen
It made me literally laughed out loud when they claimed he had painted windows "fitting in with the Studio Series" look. Literally only one single studio series toy (other than a couple of vehicles with tiny windows) above core class in the entire history of the line has had painted windows. It's ugly, and it's an obvious cost cutting measure to do it in one less sprue. Same was messing up the thighs.

Hasbro selling shit and claiming it smells of roses.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I know it’s because of the cartoon but puke green, yellow and allspark blue are a terrible color scheme. besides that, the legs look super janky.

Top Bottom