Studio Series discussion

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I'd been assuming that Optimus was a smaller version of the character just for this A-level assortment. But did I catch that right that they said they're scaling down all the TFOne characters for Studio Series? I.e., this is the primary TFOne Optimus, and all the characters will be scaled to match him, as opposed to the SS/WfC/Legacy standard of scaling against a Voyager Optimus?

If so, that's a bit disappointing. I've been really liking having a universal standard scale. Coming so soon after Omega Prime went completely off the scale rails in the other direction, it makes me wonder if they'll be abandoning it going forward. I certainly hope not.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I caught that, too. It does make sense. This movie could bring in a lot of new young fans that have never been in the market for Transformers figures before. Keeping the price of admission a bit lower (especially since costs have been moving steadily up) for new customers may help create a whole new generation of continued toy-buyers.

But agreed, I hope that doesn't bleed into the main line where I've already got a large amount of more-or-less in scale figures.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Think of it as everyone in TF: One being younger, so they're all smaller. ;)
Well, the future leaders are. In the trailer, the size difference between them and Bee is less than we usually see, and they're smaller than the one I'm pretty sure is supposed to be Darkwing.

Top Bottom