Stargirl - Season 1 on DC Universe and The CW, Season 2 onward on The CW

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the first ep.

I think I need a refresher cuz they just went out on a family trip?

Anyway, it's light on action.

Cool seeing the female Dr Midnite's comic costume shown but show Beth really can't wear it.

Plot-wise, I don't know the comics Gambler but I'm going to assume that, since this is Geoff Johns, the daughter will be the new Roulette. I mean, Gambler and Roulette is a theme match. Better than comic Roulette's hero dad... Mr. Terrific? For Fair Play and all that. Dunno how it will go tho.

I'm still desperate for Shiv and Artemis to join the good guys for real. Oooor them to form another Injustice Society but with a friendly rivalry to Courtney's group.

Also I had it in my head that Shade died last season. Glad he's back. But does he have Eclipso powers.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I think I need a refresher cuz they just went out on a family trip?
Season 2 started at the beginning of summer. It ended still during the summer.

This season begins at the start of the new school year, so there's a time skip. During that time skip, Courtney and her family apparently went on a summer camping trip.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Shade is always a joy.

Also liked Sports master's "Kentucky Fried Felon" line.

So who do we think did it? Sportsmaster? Shuv? Tigress? Starman...?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I sincerely hope it's not the Crocks. Shiv is too obvious.

If it's Starman like you said, that would blow my mind! Horrible! Haha

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Given how much they keep claiming that it CAN'T be Grundy...I'm thinking it's Grundy. Probably being manipulated by someone else.

That someone else? Hmm...I do think Magog would make for a good villain on this show. Dueling golden staffs! And we haven't done time travel yet.

But, the FAR more likely suspect is Director Bones. We still need to follow up on that Obsidian (Jade's lost brother) subplot from last season.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw ep2. I'm kinda loving Stargirl at the moment. But there's an article headline that says that the series has been cancelled :(

Anyhow, I love how it's a murder mystery now! No new suspects but there's a major clue down the toilet. I'm pretty sure it's a comic reference but I don't know enough JSA lore to know who it pertains to.
-I'm kinda sorry to see someone go.
-It was awesome to learn a personality revelation (hmm).
-I love the new training scene, hokey as it is.
-love the Crocks. But Artemis being absent is suspect. What plan are the parents cooking up and should we care?
-the ending probably has false leads. But which is which?

Grundy is a cool idea but who would have the power to control him?

Has Geoff Johns done a murder mystery comic arc before?

Btw, wasn't there a character named the Identity Addict in a series before?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
If Starman is evil, I can't wait for the revelation that the happy thoughts he had when he was teaching the shooting star move was kicking puppies, haha

Shadhausen

Citizen
So that seemed to be telekinesis at the end of ep 3 and that combined with the growling make me think maybe it's at the end?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw ep4.

Am I getting it wrong but the cell that Beth-Nite found was just from Shiv molting, right? Cuz she was just there.

But if it isn't, then maybe it's a cell from the Icicle family, because they're Frost Giants or something?

Nice idea on how Starman recovered. So maybe he's not evil after all?

As always, the Crocks are the best. Would have been fun to see the three pal around, haha. But where the hex is Artemis?! She better not be the killer.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Saw ep4.

Am I getting it wrong but the cell that Beth-Nite found was just from Shiv molting, right? Cuz she was just there.

But if it isn't, then maybe it's a cell from the Icicle family, because they're Frost Giants or something?
The gist of what the episode wanted us, the viewers, to believe is that Cindy is undergoing a sort of Jekyll/Hyde situation, transforming into a lizard person without her full awareness (until now, that is, with her having seen the scales on her arm), and that her lizard alter ego was who killed The Gambler and attacked Sylvester. The first instance would have happened before the others arrived to find her already at the Gambler's trailer, with her having already reverted back to her normal human form without remembering what her other self had done beforehand.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Huh. A Jekyll and Hyde scenario didn't even occur to me. Shiv has always been taken as bad so she'd be the Hyde version. The sort of stinger weapon would match a reptile attack tail thing. Good insight.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I didn't take it that way, that she was doing research to prevent the transformation that she was aware was happening. I could see the other situation as a possibility as well.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Finally saw the 5th ep. Didn't know there was a 6th. So I just saw who killed the Gambler. Aw man, I thought it was going to be a whole season mystery. Boo.

Beth telling her parents to back off was sad. They were so excited to help. They probably could have. Beth just couldn't think of a good way.

I laugh at how old Hourman and Icicle Jr look. Unless they're really teens and not adults playing teens?

Seriously, where the hex is Artemis? We get the Crocks but no daughter?

Edit - saw the 6th ep. Oooookay, obviously she didn't commit the murder. I doubt it's the Dragon King so I bet it's Icicle, back from the dead. Or Gambler, back from the dead? A person who's into tech would be Roulette or Mr Terrific.

Nice fight. Would have been cool to see her take on two brawlers at the same time and succeed.

I predict the All Stars will have a female join them. If not Roulette (I'm sure she will be introduced), then, I dunno. Cyclone is off to the movies so not her.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw ep7.

I saw Seth Green in the credits. Who was he in the show?

So they hinted that Todd is gay at the start. What's the current state of DC now? Are he and Jade around? Also, did they ever explain how he got darkness powers while Jade had... Starheart or fake Green Lantern powers?

Three eps for the mystery to be solved. I'd like to see other Infinity Inc characters. I forget but was... Atom Smasher one of them?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Seth Green is the Thunderbolt genie. They recast the other guy. I don't think they've said why. Maybe he's just cheaper?

In the comics, Obsidian got his powers because his father Alan Scott was exposed to Shadow energy during a fight in WW2. Somehow that affected his son, who wasn't even a glimmer in his eye yet. (I guess Shadow Energy is like radiation?) In the comics, the villain was Ian Karkull, but in this show, it's more likely to be because of being around The Shade.

And, it depends on which version of Infinity Inc we'll be seeing, but yes, in the comics, Atom Smasher was on Infinity Inc.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Dang, I didn't notice the voice change. Maybe the original voice actor did a Jason Biggs and Seth Green had to replace him too. Kidding. (From the CGI TMNT Leo switch).

Is Shadow energy alien and on par with Green Lantern battery light? Anyhow, if the new Obsidian power isn't from The Shade, it might be from Eclipso.

Wait, any new kids found under Mister Bones would have to be under the Helix team. So why is Infinity Inc the name of the episode title arc?

Top Bottom