Star Trek: Picard

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
More than anything, seeing the Enterprise-D and the bridge crew all back together to save the day sure did feel good. As someone that sometimes wishes we never saw anything past All Good Things... , this is the ending that I wanted for them. Together. Happy. Family. Gave me all the feels. If there's anything that I take away from this season, it's this.

I'll need to watch it a second time to collect my thoughts, but overalll this encapsulates my feelings regarding the finale.

Also, just a random thought I had, but I wonder how often Scotty stopped by the Fleet Museum after Geordi took over to have a drink on the bridge of the 1701-A. I was very happy to see that's where it ended up.

wentwood

Citizen
I saw Part 29 and 30 together today. (2 Part finale)

We have a nard load of wild card endings and will explain in next post.

wentwood

Citizen
1. Titan A is now the USS Enterprise G so will there be a continuation with Captain 7 of 9?

2. Possible construction of a USS Titan B?

3. Picard re enstated again as head of Starfleet or Starfleet Academy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Almost like they left it open for the shippers whether Picard followed up with Laris or got back together with Crusher.
Rewatch the mid credit scene. I think there is a picture of 2 people from what looked like a wedding.
IMG_2922.jpeg

I take it back. They look young in the photo.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That picture of them in fancy clothes was from a real life press event at some point.

No, Data was still at the helm and they still aren't going to let Deanna drive the D again. What she did was locate them based on her emotional bond to Riker. But it seemed very deliberate that everyone got a chance to shine and especially Deanna and Crusher weren't flopping around helpless in a crisis like TNG sometimes did to them.

Technically speaking, the station on the left is the Ops station and the station on the right is the Conn (Flight Control). Data flying the ship from his console was probably interchangable with the other console but Troi did actually sit down at the navigation station. Perhaps she simply input the coordinates and Data did the manual flying, though.

wentwood

Citizen
The way Parts 29 and 30 ended the series was the way it needed to finish.

I felt like there were 3 major fights here

1 The Best Of Both Worlds

2 Star Trek VIII First Contact

3 Picard Series III 09 and 10

I never seen so much mad on from JL in the double finale like that. He wasn't just out for revenge blood. He was taking his family back.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
If you watch the opening scene, there's three instances where the Red Alert lights weren't activated. Whether it was a mistake, or shots meant for a different scene, though...

EDIT: There's a couple with Beverly at the Science station, too

Last edited:

MrBlud

Citizen
So, in regards to that mid credits scene…

What’s the consensus on Q? Did he

1) Fake his death totally?

2) Lived Billions of years and decided to spend his actual last moments with Picard when his time was truly up?

Basically, is the version that talked with Jack from BEFORE he *died* or AFTER? The fact that linear time was mentioned makes me think this Q is from before.

Axaday

Citizen
I loved the President Anton Chekov speech! So awesome and I was shocked as all get out that they got him to come back for that cameo.

I am pretty sure Walter Koenig was playing Anton Chekhov's son. He specifically name drops his father.

Shaw's recorded review of her was great, and that was before we even started this season.

I don't think so. That is post arc. He recommends that she become a Captain when they get back to dock.

Axaday

Citizen
So, say, if the Borg plan had worked, would they and the Changelings have gone their separate ways? I wasn't sure what the endgame was for Vadic's faction. Also, wouldn't it have been smarter to play the long game and run similar infiltration missions through all of the major Alpha Quadrant powers?
I suppose we don't know for sure that they didn't.

But item #1 on the bad Starfleet's agenda was killing everyone on Earth and I think they'd have gone to another planet and another.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I suppose we don't know for sure that they didn't.

But item #1 on the bad Starfleet's agenda was killing everyone on Earth and I think they'd have gone to another planet and another.
That was my understanding. And based on the current state of the other local powers (the Cardassians being pretty thoroughly trashed, the Klingons being in only slightly better shape, the Romulans weakened), no one would really have been able to put up much of a fight. And the Borg 2.0 would've eventually gotten to Bajor, and thus the wormhole, and thus gone after the Dominion. And given how difficult it was to get the Prophets to intervene the last time, something tells me the only thing that would've stopped an immediate clash between the two powers (barring information we aren't privy to) would've been an intervention by the Sisko. And boy howdy, would he intervene.

Axaday

Citizen

Tangent time: What would the in-universe explanation be for the "super generic male bad guy voice" she used to communicate with Vadic? I mean, from a production standpoint, it was to maintain an element of surprise to the viewer, but seems odd within the show itself. Pretty sure everyone knew who was who.

I think we have to assume that the Changelings DIDN'T know who it was.

Top Bottom