Star Trek: Picard

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
I feel like he could have been more definitive and the next person would have scooted around it all the same, like he did with Data's death.

MrBlud

Citizen
I feel like Spiner was the one that didn’t want to do it again. I would assume the peer pressure of being the only cast member not there (and the change from painful contacts and 8 hours in a makeup chair to :as-is:) made him sign on after all.

Copper Bezel

Citizen
True. Even the change in Data's mannerisms is consistent with Spiner still being tired of playing Data, by turning him into a role Spiner would probably find more appealing.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As I've said before, I'm okay with the Jurati!Borg continuing to kick about and get some development. But if the main core Borg that we've been seeing since 1988 or so never show up again...I would not complain in the slightest.
Yeah, I feel that we have reached an end with the Borg. They were brought in on TNG, had some great episodes, had an epic film, were used in great detail in Voyager, had a good ending that left them in shambles, and this season showed the aftermath and their conclusion.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am glad that he did come back. Geordi and him had some great moments and his new amalgamation of characters is pretty neat.

Copper Bezel

Citizen
Yeah, at some point logic and reason had to take a backseat to getting the entire TNG bridge crew (including the Enterprise D itself) back together to save the day, while giving everyone a new thing (except poor Troi, whose only new thing was getting to be competent, and still managed to screw up her two therapy jobs somehow anyway.) The Data/Geordi stuff was great and would have been missed. And it added a couple of quotable moments to the list with "I hate this!", "More?", "Please," like "I hope we die quickly!"

Axaday

Citizen
I forgot that I really wanted the combined new being to adopt a name that honored Data, but acknowledged not being him.

Copper Bezel

Citizen
The Titan (no A) on Shaw's ready room wall would have a word with you methinks. Unless that doesn't count since LD canonized it first.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
The Titan (no A) on Shaw's ready room wall would have a word with you methinks. Unless that doesn't count since LD canonized it first.
Were you responding to me? Do I need to use blue text on this forum, too?

The original Titan, as seen in Lower Decks (which did indeed originate in novel canon) is very much canon now (and has been since Lower Decks showed it). I'll hear no arguments to the contrary.

Copper Bezel

Citizen
Blue text? I don't get it.

Let me try and make the least ambiguous possible phrasing of my post:

The original Titan, which came from a post-TNG novel series, appears in Picard's set dressing. However, Lower Decks already made the ship canon first. Would you say that the reference in Picard is really to Lower Decks, and it still doesn't count as an allusion to a non-canon novel?

I guess you're saying yes, it is a Lower Decks reference, and no, it doesn't count?

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I really don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Lower Decks is canon. The Luna-class Titan is canon. End of story

(Blue text is used to designate humor/sarcasm/not-being-serious on other boards. I was having a bit of fun with Predaking's suggestion, largely because I agree with it!)

Copper Bezel

Citizen
I really don't know why this is so hard to understand.
By contrast, I know exactly why you're having such a hard time understanding, which is because you've flat out failed to read both of my posts now and are more interested in arguing with the wall. I hope you find someone to disagree with you on this, so that the two of you can have the argument you want to have.

Copper Bezel

Citizen
And if that's not enough, we've seen other Luna-class ships in Picard, as far back as Season 2 (the Europa, Oberon, and the Luna herself were present at the Borg blockade), and even in the Frontier Day fleet.
God I hope the inclusion of the Reliant class means we never see another Miranda class ship used to fill in a fleet in a battle. I feel bad for the one that got called in in First Contact to fight the Borg cube.

(Then again, at this point, it's tradition, and I should actually be hoping to see one in the background in Disco S5.)

Top Bottom