Star Trek Lower Decks

AgentOrange

Citizen
Messenger_creation_b0c3e889-0271-48da-a78b-6a48922aa615.jpeg

Shadewing

Citizen
This series couldn't go on forever as is; maybe we'll get a sequel/followup series with them as full officers or something.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I mean... when you consider the work load some of these shows do to meet the old style broadcast requirements... I don't exactly hate the slowness. Being able to launch more content "whenever" means way less stuff ends up overlapping, and streaming means you don't have to choose.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
It's a trade off. We get FAR fewer episodes these days then we used to, but the episodes we DO get tend to be of much higher quality (Discovery and Picard's first seasons notwithstanding).

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Season is four is also being released on blu-ray this week. The cover art spoofs The Voyage Home, just as S3 spoofed The Search for Spock.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
I actually vastly prefer Discovery once they moved into the distant future. The 23rd century setting never worked.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I liked the first season of both of those shows better than the second.
I could be wrong, but I don't think most people would agree with you (especially in regard to Discovery).

But I was intending to reference the shows' initial seaons (plural) rather than strictly the FIRST season of each show. Even if we agree that season two was worse than season one, both shows improved with season three (and later, if referring to Discovery).

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I
I could be wrong, but I don't think most people would agree with you (especially in regard to Discovery).

But I was intending to reference the shows' initial seaons (plural) rather than strictly the FIRST season of each show. Even if we agree that season two was worse than season one, both shows improved with season three (and later, if referring to Discovery).
lines all the episodes of all the Trek so far. I wasn't happy when threads in Pikard (like the good Borg) were left unfinished though.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I wasn't happy when threads in Pikard (like the good Borg) were left unfinished though.
What was there to see? We already knew Hugh had Borg on his side from the 2 parter with Data and Lore. It was seen in Picard they are still around, what more did we need? Not everything needs an immediate conclusion / answer. This way, the door is left open for future potential useages in other shows just like with Star Wars where the Clone Wars were mentioned. Or Spice mines of Kessel. Sometimes it ok and fun to have the mystery still out there.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
What was there to see? We already knew Hugh had Borg on his side from the 2 parter with Data and Lore. It was seen in Picard they are still around, what more did we need? Not everything needs an immediate conclusion / answer. This way, the door is left open for future potential useages in other shows just like with Star Wars where the Clone Wars were mentioned. Or Spice mines of Kessel. Sometimes it ok and fun to have the mystery still out there.
No, not those good Borg, but the good Borg queen who joined the federation to keep some "unseen evil" at bay.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
No, not those good Borg, but the good Borg queen who joined the federation to keep some "unseen evil" at bay.

I felt that thread needed better closure, myself, but the interviews I'd seen suggest that they always considered that thread closed as soon as they finished with Season 2 (and, given that Season 3 was filmed right on its heels, I see no reason to argue otherwise). Some threads, I guess, are never meant to be closed....

Axaday

Citizen
I think I would resent several things about Season 2 if I allowed myself to think about Season 2.

For some reason, it makes me think of Zack Snyder when I watch something that was in general pretty bad, but had a few really nice moments. Zack Snyder earned it, of course, but Star Trek 5 did it way before he did and still it is Zack Snyder that I think of.

Top Bottom