Sonic The Hedgehog

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
I want to live in the universe where Adventure 1 was the popular one.

Golden Bolt's videos about "which did you encounter first" really shines a light on two games popularity when you consider the sales. But despite arguments about things like the difference in Emerald radars, the two games have a fair bit of difference to them. Though it's funny that Frontiers feels like it's blatantly trying to be a sequel to Adventure 1 over 2. As far as movies, Adventure 2 is admittedly the easier of the two to adapt. Though both have to work in the space of the movie continuity.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I actually feel Adventure 1 would be easier to adapt in some ways. Adventure 2's main advantage is being heavily involved in a human setting to begin with. It's more obvious how to approach it. But it's kinda dense. Adventure 1 has fewer important story beats to work around, and they generally need a whole lot less exposition.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
if jim carrey doesn't say either "SnooPING AS usual, I see" or "I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT" this movie will be a failure

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Adventure 1 has fewer important story beats to work around, and they generally need a whole lot less exposition.

That's an interesting perspective. I think of Adventure 2 as a much more linear story, give or take a few flashbacks. It's very plot forward. Adventure 1 feels more meandering and is based on multiple characters emotions and perspectives. I guess it all depends on what you decide to trim. It also depends on the movie structure in what concepts you need to introduce.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen

They didn't get posted here and aren't as long as Lowart's prior videos, they do provide entertaining concepts. What if Shadow was overshadowed instead of overshadowing others? What if the "one bad day" retort was dismissed?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Chaos doesn't need a single line of dialog to explain his motive. Try that with Shadow.

I agree that Adventure 1 is a more meandering story, but that's because they tried to give every character a meaningful role instead of anyone just being along for the ride. That is except for Big, who has no idea what's going on and really is just along for the ride, but that was clearly done for purposeful contrast, and it kinda works. Take away all those stories (which I just assume Hollywood would) and the remaining core story is a lot simpler than Adventure 2.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I guess Reeves wants to get a bit of voice acting in as its a different form of acting and he challanging himself in a different way.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Not gonna lie: I was fully expecting someone to have spliced in lines from bill and ted movies...

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
While still Apple exclusive, Sonic Dream Team has gained a whole new zone as post game DLC.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Apple out there bribing people to make games exclusive to a platform nobody uses to play games.

At what point do we just start having companies bribe studios to not release their game at all?

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Probably the same way we've found out about various other high-profile projects getting canned over the years.

Top Bottom