Sonic The Hedgehog

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
While still Apple exclusive, Sonic Dream Team has gained a whole new zone as post game DLC.
I need to know what this zone is made of.

Are we to disagree?

To travel the world, and the seven seas?

Everybody is looking for something.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
All considered, I find Dream Team kinda fascinating. From what I've seen, it's good with with the only asterisk is the system it's available on. While I'm no fan of Apple, their involvement probably improved the game. There was a level of quality control probably required and programming for only one system is easier. I also think Hardlight had something to prove in getting to work for on a conventional Sonic game instead of just mobile autorunners.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Huh. Figured TailsTube would return last week or next week to give space for the Knuckles show:

EDIT: I just realized that the strike pushed some shows back and TailsTube was probably scheduled last year.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I just finished binge-watching the Knuckles mini-series.

I enjoyed it enough. It was fun and entertaining, but the title is a total lie.

While Knuckles is certainly in it and grows as a character, he is not the focus. The show should be titled "Wade Whipple", as this is definitely his show about his story.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I still recommend those who enjoyed the movies watch this show too. It does some world-building and helps Knucks grow and mature, but just be aware that Wade is the real star.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
I agree that the series is more Wade focused with with some parts with Knuckles actually feeling mildly disconnected. Though it feels like the movies in retaining the "live action cartoon" feel and the theme of family. Agent Mason and Agent Willoughby managed to be a henchman duo but with some threatening aspects to them.

Though on that worldbuilding there's two things that stood out...

-During a dream sequence stage play meant to show Wade things from Knuckles perspective, it brings up the Flames of Disaster. With the look of the foe and claiming it to be a demon, it seems to imply that Movie Knuckles beat a version of Iblis. I find this fascinating since this is invoking Sonic '06 and I'd assume that after Movie 3 would be Rush or 06.
-They're going with the idea that there's different factions in the government. Specifically that there was a group that preceeded GUN. This allows the government to be grey and is partly how GUN was handled in Sonic X. It also helps square up the timeline for the way the movies present things. "1974" gets mentioned which is what 50 years ago would be for now, as opposed to 50 years from 2001.

I was worried this would happen. CGI is still expensive. Trying to do this on a TV budget was optimistic.

I'm mixed since while it is expensive, I think some things could have been done differently. They didn't utilize the comic style scenes from the second movie.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
-During a dream sequence stage play meant to show Wade things from Knuckles perspective, it brings up the Flames of Disaster. With the look of the foe and claiming it to be a demon, it seems to imply that Movie Knuckles beat a version of Iblis. I find this fascinating since this is invoking Sonic '06 and I'd assume that after Movie 3 would be Rush or 06.
-They're going with the idea that there's different factions in the government. Specifically that there was a group that preceeded GUN. This allows the government to be grey and is partly how GUN was handled in Sonic X. It also helps square up the timeline for the way the movies present things. "1974" gets mentioned which is what 50 years ago would be for now, as opposed to 50 years from 2001.
I couldn't tell if they were saying that the "Flames of Disaster" in this continuity referred to merely a technique Knuckles learned when facing the Fire Demon, or if it's meant to be a power he got from the Fire Demon, as if to say that his glowing red energy that emits from his quills is the Flames of Disaster, in contrast to how Sonic's glowing blue energy that emits from his own quills is Chaos Energy.

I caught that 1974 mention, too, and with them saying that another extraterrestrial appeared at the 1974 bowling tournament, I'm left wondering two things:
  1. Are we to believe that Shadow, in this continuity, was not created by Professor Gerald but instead came from another world and simply made contact and friendship with him and Maria?
  2. Are we to believe that Shadow likes bowling? Hehehe.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Are we to believe that Shadow, in this continuity, was not created by Professor Gerald but instead came from another world and simply made contact and friendship with him and Maria?

It's possible that it was this universe's version of Black Doom. Shadow's self titled game has been mentioned in some interviews so it could be that the alien half of his DNA showed up and the government created Shadow from that. Alternately, it could be a different member of the hedgehog tribe. The Master Emerald was hidden on Earth for some reason so there might have been a scouting party or someone checking to see if the Master Emerald was still there.

Top Bottom