Show me your Retro gaming collections!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And I went by the other retro game store near work. Now I haven't been there for about a year at this point, if not longer. You see they went from being opened during the week, to only being opened on Saturdays. That didn't really work for my schedule so I haven't been there in a long while. They compressed a lot of shelves down since I was there the last time. However, it looked like they were doing more retro games, as they had a huge pile of untested stuff not yet for sale.

I looked the whole store over, but I could only find two games on my want list:

TMNT 4 Turtles in Time with Manual for $100
SMW 2 : Yoshi's island cart only for $35

I got the Yoshi's island as I never had that growing up, and always wanted to try it.

So that brings my Wish list of games down to:

my NES want list:
TMNT 3
Megaman 1
Megaman 3
Super C
Zelda 2
Rescue Rangers
Castlevainia 1
Castlevainia 3
Darkwing Duck

my SNES want list:
Castlevana IV
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Legend of Zelda Link to the Past
Super Metroid
TMNT 4 Turtles in Time

my Genesis want list:

Altered Beast
Sonic And Knucles
Sonic 3
TMNT Hyperstone Heist
GhostBusters

my Gameboy want list:

Mario Land 2 6 Golden Coins
Metroid 2 Samus Returns
Tetris

my PS1 want list:

Beast Wars Transformers

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
IMG_3026.jpeg

IMG_3027.jpeg

So I already have this on the NES mini, vastly improved version on PSP (though the UMD has seen better days), as well as the Pixel Remaster. With vastly improved versions of this, there's little chance I'll ever play this except the small bit I played to make sure it was in working condition. So why buy it?

Because I love Final Fantasy and this is a piece of history I want in my collection. It belongs in a museum.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nice! I still have the cart and map/enemy list from mine I had as a kid. Sadly, not the original box though. The one I have is a replacement.

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, I went to a family reunion this weekend, and while I was down there, I got to do a little game hunting.

There is a hole in the wall place in Dothan called Game haven, I saw it on a youtube series a few months back when a guy went through the Dothan area. I checked it out, and it had some good stuff. Nothing o my lists sadly, but I did get a couple things there:

Complete in box Black box baseball for the NES. It was only $20 and the box was in decent condition, and I didn't have the game at all, so why not? This is also my first Black box game.

They also had a bin of $3 games. Most of them garbage games for the DS and GBA, but I found a few games that I didn't have to add to my collection.

Some motorcross game for the orignal Gameboy. It had a hole in the case, but for $3, it was worth a pick up to try out.

Both the Incredibles and the Increrdibles rise of the underminer for the GBA. Both games should be worth the $3 a piece.

And finally, I got the Autobots DS game for $3. I never picked up any of these games due to my adversion to the Bayverse asthetic, but for $3, why not?

They had a good selection of stuff, but most of it I already had, or I haven't started collecting it yet(Sega CD and Saturn). The owner and I joked about the folks that are trying to complete the NES set.

After that, I took the kids to a park to play for a while and then we hit up the 2nd and Charles on the way out of town. This is the second 2nd and Charles I have ever been to. At first the wife was a bit miffed that we went there instead of Brnes and Noble, but she ended up quite happy with three books that she wanted to get. Sadly, despite having a quite large selection of NES games, they didn't have anything on my list either. Not only that, but what they did have was at Ebay prices or higher. They did have some nice Plastic clamshell replacement cases for most of their NES games though.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So here is my list of NES games I have:

3-D World Runner
Back to the future
Back to the future 2 & 3
Bart Simpson vs the space mutants
Bart Simpson vs the world
Base Wars
Baseball
Batman
Battletoads
Big Bird reading game
Black Bass
Blaster Master
Castlevania 2
Commando
Contra
Days of Thunder
Double Dragon
Double Dragon II
Dr Mario
Dragon Warrior
Dragon Warrior 3
Duck Tales 2
Ducktales
Excite Bike
Final Fantasy
Flying Warriors
Friday the 13th
Gauntlet
Gauntlet 2
Golgo 13
Goonies 2
Hogans Alley
Ikari Warriors
Ikari Warriors 2
Jaws
Karate Kid
Karnov
Kid Icarus
Kirby's adventure
Legend of Zelda
Major League baseball
Megaman 2
Megaman 4
Metal Gear
Metroid
Mickey Mousecapade
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Monster party
Ninja Gaiden
North vs South
Operation Wolf
Paperboy
RBI Baseball
robocop
Romance of the three kingdoms
Rygar
Shadowgate
Solstice
Spy Hunter
Star Tropics
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Bros/ Duck Hunt
T&C Surf Designs
Tecmo Bowl
Terminator 2
Tetris
the bible game
TMNT
TMNT 2
Top Gun
Ultima
Ultima
Wrestlemania
Yoshi's cookie

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Its only 75 games, which is about a tenth of the entire NES set. However, I don't seem to find that many games that I don't have. Which makes me wonder about something. If you are watching the NES Persuit on youtube, they are saying that they are just getting started and are only at 140+ games. I am looking at my list, and I just wonder, why anyone would want even that many (140)?

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Actually have something to update in here. A little while ago my roommates and I went to a 2nd and Charles. They had all of about six Gamecube games, but it just so HAPPENED that one of them was this:
Breakin Da Rules.jpg

I've actually wanted this game for a long time now. Being such a big fan of the early show. (Note the EARLY show. Not the later stuff where it all went downhill) I had heard this was basically the same style of writing, and I can say after a bit of time with it, it so is. It's made me laugh out loud a couple of times.

The BAD news is it has to have the worst double jump I've ever come across in a video game. It makes platforming a tedious choir, and of course there are levels where you HAVE to keep platforming. So I've only got a little bit of a ways into it as the platforming can go from 'managable' to just flat out annoying.

Still It's one to finally cross off my list.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Let's see. My want lists for all the systems I own. (Actually just a few of the early ones) At least the games I can think of at the top of my head. There are likely ones I want but have forgotten.

NES:
Pools of Radiance.
Monster Party
Gremlins 2 the New Batch
Super C
Bart Vs the World
Dragon Power
Little Samson (Though I doubt I ever will)
Felix the Cat
Ghosts and Goblins
Metal Storm

SNES:
Lagoon
Donkey Kong Country 3
B.O.B.
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire 2
Star Fox
Earthbound (since my last copy was borrowed and never returned...)
Contra 3 Alien wars
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
Goof Troop
Magic Sword
Sparkster

Gameboy/Gameboy Color:
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Crystalis
Wendy Ever Witch Way
Avenging Spirit
Final Fantasy Adventure
Gargoyle's Quest
Kid Dracula
Resident Evil Gaiden (I know it sucks, but I want it for my collection)

N64:
Jet Force Gemini
Buck Bumble
Glover
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tootie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Bomberman 64
Bomberman 64 The second attack
Space Station Silicon Valley
Blast Corps
Shadowgate Trials of the four towers
Rocket Robot on wheels
MegaMan 64

Playstation 1:
Countdown Vampires
Martian Gothic
Echo Night
Vanguard Bandits
Klonoa Door to Phantommile
Bust a Groove 2
Vagrant Story
Koudelka
Vandal Hearts
Heart of Darkness
Jumping Flash
Jumpin Flash 2
Ninja
Wild Arms (really wish I knew where my copy of this went)
Skull Monkeys
Herc's Adventures
Nightmare Creatures 2
Rapid Reload

I'll stop there for now. Genesis would take some thinking as I didn't grow up with it. Sega Saturn would be a long list. Anything higher then that would be as well. Only Gamegear game I can think of I want is the MegaMan one.

I'm still looking for a lot more games then I thought...

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So my monthly trip to the local Game Exchange wielded some results.

I found a copy of Arch Rivals for the Genesis in box for $8. I also got a copy of Tetris for the Gameboy for $12. On top of that, I got some used toys from their bins. A 2008 Star Trek Enterprise toy about 2" long on a stand, a stand for a larger star trek ship that I think goes with the Excelsior ship I got from them previously, and one of the RID train bots(The one that forms railracer's legs).

So that brings my Wish list of games down to:

My NES want list:
TMNT 3
Megaman 1
Megaman 3
Super C
Zelda 2
Rescue Rangers
Castlevainia 1
Castlevainia 3
Darkwing Duck

My SNES want list: