She-Hulk Disney+ Series

MrBlud

Citizen
You never go full Meta.

The ending, such as it was, is perfectly reconcilable. The blood obviously didn’t work on Todd since he’s a moron and doesn’t have the unique Banner genetics. Hulk didn’t show up. Blonski realized he was hurting Jen (and violating parole) and her friend called Damage Control. The wallbreak was basically set dressing. I *do* figure it’s pretty likely Leader has (or obtains) Jen’s blood and he *is* smart enough to use it. Cheets had an interesting idea that Hulk, Skarr, and possibly Daredevil at the end are Skrulls which I could see being the case.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
4th wall break was.. yeah. I get a big CGI beat up between a bunch of different super strong figures and a new Todd hulk isn't a great way to end the series but neither this. Its not the only problem with the finale but its a big capper of one.

Todd: Hes behind Intelligencia. That tracks. Except it doesn't. Todd wants to bang She Hulk, hes made that pretty obvious. Even after he had the sex tape he still tried to bang her. Then when he knew he set her up for a freak out he... puts himself in danger? Also he wanted to get in her pants but also he hired a dude to seduce and sleep with her??? When Titania tried to steal the name he helped her out as a witness with his testimony no problem... Like Todd as the man behind the curtain doesn't actually track the way the put it down. What would have tracked is if he made Intelligencia to try and cause Jen problems and then swoop in to save her from them. like getting her out of legal problems with his money, so that she would look more favorably on him. Also if he was the kind of person to be on this hate train he wouldn't have waited to juice up. Also pretty sure that should have killed him the whole point of the 1st episode was to note that it should have killed Jen if not for a mutation she had. All in all? Todds story and actions make no sense.

Emil: A bad guy but not a Bad Guy. Him going abom for speaking engagements really makes no sense because then there are witnesses to his parole vilolation. Also I'm supposed to believe mr fin ears couldn't hear what they were all talking about from the other side of the door? Jens ultimate wish fulfilment for him is to make him take responsibility for his actions... while not taking responsibility for her actions freaking out and causing a dangerous panic just a few nights ago, and getting away with breaking the conditions of her release. Kay.

Titania: What was the point of her in this. She gets her butt whooped in court, the gets her butt whooped in court. She attacks Jen at a wedding and then bails when a mishap makes the villian ugly. Then she just kinda.. exists in the finale. Hell HER being behind Intelligencia would have been better than nothing? Like she makes it to **** up Jen and then once they take down She hulk they decide to go after the other super strong chick in the spotlight and she loses control of it. Or hell don't make her behind it but have that happen anyways. They take down She hulk and look for a new target forcing Titania to work with Jen to take them down. At least there would have been a point to her being in the season.

Wong: Okay love wong but also why is wong just so cavalier about breaking Emil out of jail. Also how in the world does the jail cell for a hulk creature not have a weight sensor in the floor, especially after he broke out the last time?

Josh: What ever happened to Josh? He gets into her bed and ghosts her, giving over the sex tape and then...? Was he even in this episode? Did he just vanish from the plotline? Did Todd have him killed because he wanted to bang Jen and was mad at Josh for doing it even if he was the one who put him up to it? No resolution for this storyline.

Jen: Jen... basically learns nothing and grows little to not at all over the course of the season. A common defense of episode 1 was to just wait and see, she'll get better or she'll lose the chip on her shoulder and grow as a person. The end of the last episode had a lot of people going "See! We told you, now shes going to grow and learn that oh its actually not that easy to be a hulk" instead... no. She thinks she was perfectly in the right and bemoans being punished. She gets out of her problems by breaking the 4th wall and beating up some security guards to go kinda talk shit at fictional version of Kevin Fiege about how the MCU is run and then gets him to give her exactly what she wants. Ironic considering the bros were talking about how they didn't feel like she earned her powers or fame, she literally just is given the happy ending she wants. She kinda creepily also just... tells Kevin to give her Daredevil so she can get her freak on. Like its not quite "Man as a Reward" as he already had established feelings for her but its still... kinda creepy adjacent how she knows he has his own life and stuff to do but she wants Kevin to retcon all that so he can spend a week with her and her family.

Like,... all this adds up to a finale where its like... what is this mess? Who wrote this? How did they manage not to see the more interesting storylines? How is this a court comedy when it spends so very little time in court or dealing with legal issues?

Shadewing

Citizen
4th wall break was.. yeah. I get a big CGI beat up between a bunch of different super strong figures and a new Todd hulk isn't a great way to end the series but neither this. Its not the only problem with the finale but its a big capper of one.

Todd: Hes behind Intelligencia. That tracks. Except it doesn't. Todd wants to bang She Hulk, hes made that pretty obvious. Even after he had the sex tape he still tried to bang her. Then when he knew he set her up for a freak out he... puts himself in danger? Also he wanted to get in her pants but also he hired a dude to seduce and sleep with her??? When Titania tried to steal the name he helped her out as a witness with his testimony no problem... Like Todd as the man behind the curtain doesn't actually track the way the put it down. What would have tracked is if he made Intelligencia to try and cause Jen problems and then swoop in to save her from them. like getting her out of legal problems with his money, so that she would look more favorably on him. Also if he was the kind of person to be on this hate train he wouldn't have waited to juice up. Also pretty sure that should have killed him the whole point of the 1st episode was to note that it should have killed Jen if not for a mutation she had. All in all? Todds story and actions make no sense.

Emil: A bad guy but not a Bad Guy. Him going abom for speaking engagements really makes no sense because then there are witnesses to his parole vilolation. Also I'm supposed to believe mr fin ears couldn't hear what they were all talking about from the other side of the door? Jens ultimate wish fulfilment for him is to make him take responsibility for his actions... while not taking responsibility for her actions freaking out and causing a dangerous panic just a few nights ago, and getting away with breaking the conditions of her release. Kay.

Titania: What was the point of her in this. She gets her butt whooped in court, the gets her butt whooped in court. She attacks Jen at a wedding and then bails when a mishap makes the villian ugly. Then she just kinda.. exists in the finale. Hell HER being behind Intelligencia would have been better than nothing? Like she makes it to **** up Jen and then once they take down She hulk they decide to go after the other super strong chick in the spotlight and she loses control of it. Or hell don't make her behind it but have that happen anyways. They take down She hulk and look for a new target forcing Titania to work with Jen to take them down. At least there would have been a point to her being in the season.

Wong: Okay love wong but also why is wong just so cavalier about breaking Emil out of jail. Also how in the world does the jail cell for a hulk creature not have a weight sensor in the floor, especially after he broke out the last time?

Josh: What ever happened to Josh? He gets into her bed and ghosts her, giving over the sex tape and then...? Was he even in this episode? Did he just vanish from the plotline? Did Todd have him killed because he wanted to bang Jen and was mad at Josh for doing it even if he was the one who put him up to it? No resolution for this storyline.

Jen: Jen... basically learns nothing and grows little to not at all over the course of the season. A common defense of episode 1 was to just wait and see, she'll get better or she'll lose the chip on her shoulder and grow as a person. The end of the last episode had a lot of people going "See! We told you, now shes going to grow and learn that oh its actually not that easy to be a hulk" instead... no. She thinks she was perfectly in the right and bemoans being punished. She gets out of her problems by breaking the 4th wall and beating up some security guards to go kinda talk shit at fictional version of Kevin Fiege about how the MCU is run and then gets him to give her exactly what she wants. Ironic considering the bros were talking about how they didn't feel like she earned her powers or fame, she literally just is given the happy ending she wants. She kinda creepily also just... tells Kevin to give her Daredevil so she can get her freak on. Like its not quite "Man as a Reward" as he already had established feelings for her but its still... kinda creepy adjacent how she knows he has his own life and stuff to do but she wants Kevin to retcon all that so he can spend a week with her and her family.

Like,... all this adds up to a finale where its like... what is this mess? Who wrote this? How did they manage not to see the more interesting storylines? How is this a court comedy when it spends so very little time in court or dealing with legal issues?

This finale honestly reeks of 'We really don't know how to tie this all together' but there are a few things that do track with me.

Emil: I feel that his occasionally using Abomination to boost people wanting to listen to him is somewhat hinted at, since his device wasn't working and they needed to check on it. This is at least somewhat plausable. Especially if Intelligencia is the kinda people hiring him, becuase Right Wing Redditors are totally the type to hiring him and see him use his powers, despite what the law says. As for hearing, 1. I dont think those fin ears help his hearing 2. That suit wasnt made for Abomination, I feel like he transformed litterally right before he walked in the door.

Todd annd Josh: Intellegencia as presented, seems more like social media platform with an ulterior motive; then actual evil organization. Unless I am misremembering something; Josh feels like a free agent that just happened to find a way to get blood and blackmail info on Jen. Then posts about it on the site, which gets HulkKing's attention. This tracks more then Todd sending someone with specifically the plan and would likely make the most sense that he probably put out a posting about wanting her blood. Also Todd is very much the type of entitled manchild that would want to both bang SheHulk as a conquest (not outta love or romance or anything) while also wanting to prove he'd be the better Hulk. Does his actions make 100% sense, no. I agree with you on that. But I can see him the type obessed with 'being better' wither that's ******* her or ******* her over.

Everything else, I'm in full agreement on; just the above I can see working in a properly written finale.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I thought it was funny. I think the "lol incels" thing went on a little too long. It very much as the energy of someone who thinks they know how men probably talk when they're alone the same way aliens try to impersonate what they think humans act like. It went from "We see you and we're mocking you" as a one-off and degraded into them totally living rent free in the writers' heads.

The intro was fantastic and that was a good way of buttering me up for what was coming next. I mostly liked the episode. I do feel like the resolution felt like they genuinely aren't good at story telling and needed to hand wave the actual plot away because they didn't know what to do with it, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Out of 10 I give the series a 6.5. That therapy episode really took a hit on my average score.

As a life long comic book nerd I have to say figuring out why things in comics happened the way they did even if it was never actually explained was something I enjoyed doing. So for She-Hulk my fanfic/retcon/out-of-my-ass solution for why she can do what she does is because Bruce's blood had been tainted by the Infinity Stones and while it didn't affect him directly, due to his suppression device it was enough to carry over to Jennifer and in addition to getting Hulk powers it also gave her the cosmic perception ability to transcend reality as tshe knew it as a side effect of her talking to herself and narrating her life. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Shadewing

Citizen
Nah, they'll just reveal she's also a mutant, but that was a recessive trait for her so no powers manifested, and Bruce's blood is responcible for her powers finally manfesting.

Dake

Citizen
I loved it. Loved the opening. Loved they went full meta. I think the No-ma'am party went on just the right amount of time (they were literally saying what you'd read in any thread on the internet).

I also loved that K.E.V.I.N. had a bill like a baseball cap.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I honestly have mixed feelings about the finale.

On the one hand, I agree with ZacWilliam's view. What happened here was perfectly in line with what had been done in the comics, and very true to them. And there were parts about it that I approved of - Jen opting to defeat Todd using the legal system rather than her fists, Blonsky not being behind the Intelligencia and needing to be held accountable for violating the terms of his parole, and Marvel Studios poking fun at itself. And Jen was totally right - her being saved at the last minute by Bruce would invalidate her story.

On the other, I see the perspective against how the resolution was handled, and I can certainly understand the logic behind it. A huge, crazy fight at the end wasn't the way to go, but I'm not entirely certain how they chose to resolve it was the way to go either, especially since Skaar just got dropped on us out of nowhere. I really, really hope that we get some sort of elaboration on that plot thread in the future. I don't know if I could've done a better job, but I also don't think that what we got here was perfect.

With all that in mind, I think if this episode had been longer, they could've had the time to fix some of my issues. And probably other peoples' issues too. And I do look forward to a second season.

Dake

Citizen
I honestly have mixed feelings about the finale.

On the one hand, I agree with ZacWilliam's view. What happened here was perfectly in line with what had been done in the comics, and very true to them. And there were parts about it that I approved of - Jen opting to defeat Todd using the legal system rather than her fists, Blonsky not being behind the Intelligencia and needing to be held accountable for violating the terms of his parole, and Marvel Studios poking fun at itself. And Jen was totally right - her being saved at the last minute by Bruce would invalidate her story.

On the other, I see the perspective against how the resolution was handled, and I can certainly understand the logic behind it. A huge, crazy fight at the end wasn't the way to go, but I'm not entirely certain how they chose to resolve it was the way to go either, especially since Skaar just got dropped on us out of nowhere. I really, really hope that we get some sort of elaboration on that plot thread in the future. I don't know if I could've done a better job, but I also don't think that what we got here was perfect.

With all that in mind, I think if this episode had been longer, they could've had the time to fix some of my issues. And probably other peoples' issues too. And I do look forward to a second season.
I think Skaar out of nowhere was K.E.V.I.N showing he was still in charge. It was so specifically out of left field, I can't believe it was seriously intended to do anything BUT that.[\Spoiler]

Dvandom

Citizen
I agree that the sudden escalation of that one plot point was a bit too abrupt. It'd have been nice if there'd been a smaller example of it in a previous episode, as foreshadowing that it might actually verge into the fantastic rather than just being the more common mundane version.

---Dave

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Finally saw the finale.

Huh. I think I would have appreciated it more if I had read the Byrne run. I wanted more Dan Slott era in the series but the ending went Byrne.

I'm confused about the extra scene but I hope they just need him for a future event to save the world.

Also, I kinda don't want the barbeque guest that way. It's sexier if it was just a sordid, naughty secret, hahaha. Maybe.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
You seem to forget you're in that group too as far as they're concerned.

No. They're talking about stupid misogynistic assholes like Todd and the intelligencia that come out for literally anything geeky that involves ladies. Anyone who identifies with those dickwads absolutely deserves the trolling.

-ZacWilliam, it was a well written show that absolutely nailed the winey man-baby online misogynists for what they are.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I would.

ZacWilliam, maybe third best of the D+ shows imo. Wandavision and Loki edge it out, but it's a pretty much perfect representation of Comic She-Hulk on TV.

Top Bottom