Robosen: G1 Grimlock Coming Late Fall 2023

Dake

Citizen
Truly amazing, truly expensive.

I'm super excited for the prices on the tech to come down in another ten years or so. I just can't pull the trigger at this point though. This is twice as expensive as the most expensive toy I've ever bought - and that's a seven foot long aircraft carrier.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I could watch that Grimlock transform forever. It's beautiful.

But that price is WAAAAYYY outside of my price range. Like, you can't even see that price with the most powerful telescopes from the upper end of my price range. That price has been described theoretically by physicists living in my price range, but never observed directly.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I could watch that Grimlock transform forever. It's beautiful.

But that price is WAAAAYYY outside of my price range. Like, you can't even see that price with the most powerful telescopes from the upper end of my price range. That price has been described theoretically by physicists living in my price range, but never observed directly.
I will be honest. At $500, this would be tempting. At $1500, its not for me.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
From looking at the pics of this thing, if I didn't know any better, I'd think it was just another release of MP Grimlock, since it uses the exact same design as the MP (only super sized up to the height of Armada Unicron) and its deco uses details exclusive to the first Hasbro release (namely, those red stripes on the dino legs/robot arms), but also lacks some of the deco changes from said Hasbro version (the silver on the robot thighs is missing).

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
From looking at the pics of this thing, if I didn't know any better, I'd think it was just another release of MP Grimlock, since it uses the exact same design as the MP (only super sized up to the height of Armada Unicron) and deco uses details exclusive to the first Hasbro release (namely, those red stripes on the dino legs/robot arms), but is also missing some of the deco changes from said Hasbro version (the silver on the robot thighs is missing).
I guess that means that Robosen did a good job then! :)

Cybersnark

Citizen
I'd argue that Grimlock's always had a better design than Optimus; other than a few new joints and panel hinges, the MP is basically the same design as his G1 toy and animation model (compared to Optimus, whose G1 toy had to be redesigned so much for animation that it took most of a decade to design a "definitive" MP version).

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I will be honest. At $500, this would be tempting. At $1500, its not for me.

$1500?! As in one thousand with an extra half-grand tacked on? Who is this for exactly? I'm not the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, an oil tycoon, or an old-monied aristocrat; I'm a middle-aged Transformer collector with a family and life responsibilities. Weird. Baffling.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
$1500?! As in one thousand with an extra half-grand tacked on? Who is this for exactly? I'm not the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, an oil tycoon, or an old-monied aristocrat; I'm a middle-aged Transformer collector with a family and life responsibilities. Weird. Baffling.
Couldn't agree with this statement more. Who exactly are they targeting with this? Even people with disposable income would have to pause at this price tag.

Dake

Citizen
It's for the same people that pay thousands of dollars for polystone statues. So, good for them I guess. I'll let them absorb these high prices to democratize it for the rest of us in a few years.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I remember when they released Optimus Prime, they have Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes do a promo video for it. I wonder who they will get this time?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The same people that bought Haslab Unicron, the other Robosen figures and many expensive 3P figures.

Top Bottom