Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I’ve been taking meds even before my blood pressure got high since my family history is ridiculous with the cardiac problems. A pill a day isn’t so bad as a heart attack before middle age

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Funny how when you're a kid the always say "say no to drugs." But then you grow up and they put you on so many drugs you can't even pronounce the names of.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I'm pretty fuckin sure my blood pressure is high because I'm overweight.

I'm like 206 lbs and a healthy weight for my height is between 136 and 178 lbs. Need to shed some of these excess pounds by exercising, will probably start going for walks every day.

OK well I'm not gonna start going for walks today because it's gonna be raining all day, but I'll start tomorrow cuz the weather says it'll be sunny for the next few days here.

unluckiness

Citizen
I've been working out for about three years now and lost 20 pounds but my BMI is still in the obese range. Put on a bit of muscle and that may be confounding the results but don't feel like paying to have the tests done to conclusively find out body fat.

Also, the Asia-Pacific ranges for overweight and obesity are really strict.
2-Table1-1.png

Like I get why it's that way but the hell man.

unluckiness

Citizen
BMI is intended as a guideline for the average population. It may not be applicable for athletes, bodybuilders, those with eating disorders or swamp-dwelling skunk apes.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Florida has very strong freedom of information laws and, with few exceptions, all state, country, and municipal records are made available for personal inspection at all times.

Obviously this is great for government transparency, but it also means that anyone has access to things like police records, arrest reports, and mugshots.

So in Florida, a reporter could just phone (or email) the local police station to inquire about a strange arrest that they received a tip about and they'll get the actual police report and they can write their story based on that police record of the arrest. In contrast in other states, the police might not be able to give out such information due to privacy laws or they may have to wait a while before they release the police report. And who is going to care about someone being arrested for something crazy several weeks (or maybe even months) after it happened?

Top Bottom