unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
The Live-action Dragon Ball reboot looks fantastic
277780246_3113315102224625_3787511707055280951_n.jpg

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So...playing Ghost of Tsushima DLC and I'm just wondering; have you ever come back to a games months upon months since you've played it, you've forgotten how t do these special moves, your fighting style has been reduced to the most basic of moves...and you're thrust into a battle that's meant to test all of the skills you've acquired thus far?

EDIT:
Oh yeah! Wussy mode! I forgot about that. Well that made things easier.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I once returned to Phantom Hourglass and didn't remember what my current objective was and surprisingly nothing in the game tried to remind me. So I turned it off and never touched it again. Zelda 2 was more fun than that piece of crap.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I popped in Code Vein a few months after beating it and found myself at a boss fight I really hated. Tried it anyway. Fortunately, being on New Game Plus and 130 levels over the boss with endgame gear made it almost trivial.

Caldwin

Citizen
Phantom Hourglass was just...ick! Spirit Tracks was slightly better, but still pretty much garbage. I hate saying that about any Zelda game, but those two were just not fun for me.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I'm gonna drop a hot take: Breath of the Wild is the only good Zelda game.

Ain't saying this just to rile up the Zelda fans, I've played Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Four Swords, The Minish Cap, and Breath of the Wild.

BOTW is literally the only one where I didn't eventually get bored of the game and stop playing it.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I love open world games but genuine open world games like BOTW.

I can't stand fake open world games, you know what I mean right? The ones where the world is technically open but the actual gameplay is literally just going from point A to point B.

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm gonna drop a hot take: Breath of the Wild is the only good Zelda game.

Ain't saying this just to rile up the Zelda fans, I've played Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Four Swords, The Minish Cap, and Breath of the Wild.

BOTW is literally the only one where I didn't eventually get bored of the game and stop playing it.

I got bored with BOTW not long after I got off the starting plateau.

*twitch*

Rage...meter...rising...

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Modern game development tools have made the process to build a level so clusterhugged that it's very tempting to just generate a giant terrain and make an open world game.

I'll give them credit though. Modern terrain generation tools are incredible.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wind Waker is still my favorite, sailing be damned. To me every dungeon in that one is a winner. They're all fun. That's big for me because in every other Zelda game I never enjoy the dungeons as much as I feel like I should.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Unfortunately, there's a metric ton of sailing. It'd be my favorite gameplay-wise.

BOTW isn't my cup of tea. Feel like games should ideally have some level of curated events and structure at least the first time through, with the option to break it later on. When open world games are too open, I just kinda tune out.

Caldwin

Citizen
Wind Waker is still my favorite, sailing be damned. To me every dungeon in that one is a winner. They're all fun. That's big for me because in every other Zelda game I never enjoy the dungeons as much as I feel like I should.
No human being can enjoy Zelda dungeons as much as they should. The human body simply isn't made to handle that much bliss.

The above statement does not apply to water temples or the Hands of Zant in Twilight Princess, because hug those temples.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Or Majora's Mask temples, but that may just be the time limit. The dungeon designs might be fine for all I know.

Top Bottom