Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Never had moonshine, but I'm pretty sure there are some places where it's actually legal.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
For Fnu:
W7951z4.jpeg

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Jesus, Marvel, how many Spider-people do you have running around your main universe nowadays? And there are like, three Spider-Mans. At least dust off the Scarlet Spider moniker or something

unluckiness

Citizen
Somebody has to since they cratered the x-men brand when they didn’t own the movie rights and now currently have Wolverine move to an island with Sabertooth, Omega Red and hugging Apocalypse as roommates.
I think hes the Jackal now. idk i haven't read spidey consistently since the 90s.
Yeah, last I heard he was the Jackal in a twist reveal of a story arc that pretty much only existed to make Doc Oc fat and powerless again but apparently, the other red and blue spider-man currently active is Ben Reily somehow. I only know this because I heard they retconned Norman Osborn’s lovechildren with Gwen Stacy away and got curious as to what the hell was going on.

Answer: it was demons Jim.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
Maximum Carnage gets a bad rap but it's just brain-dead stupid, the sort of stupid that 5-year olds mashing action figures against each other would do. In contrast, somebody planned out everything about Cable's origin story specifically and meticulously and somehow still thought it was worth publishing.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
I havent really enjoyed Marvel comics since the Clone saga's stupidity. Now i mostly read DC graphic novels i find for 5 bucks at Ollies.

unluckiness

Citizen
I tend to buy compilations of particular storylines since there's just so much dreck but I read some plot synopses every once in a while or look up particularly outlandish Marvel Legends/DC Multiverse releases I see for sale. End up pointing and laughing mostly.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Meth labs or moonshine breweries?

Turned out to be power lines. Every time the wind blew last night is was knocking plants into power lines. Today was an annoying day. The power company needed to bring in tree trimmers before they could do anything.

On the bright side, I got to see the final series of kabooms that took out power on my block last night, and it was quite spectacular.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
capeshit comics be like: ok so to read this storyline (that doesn't actually matter because we'll just retcon it in a few years when we reboot our entire fictional universe for the umpteenth time) you first need to read issues 117-124 of this one comic, then issues 51-54 of this other comic, then you can read issues 29-36 of this third comic (but keep in mind these events are happening at the same time as issues 117-124 of the first comic), then the main event of the story (all this previous stuff is just backstory leading up to this) is its own miniseries, which you can just buy the trade paperback instead of the 9 individual issues. then for the AFTERMATH of this storyline, you need to read issues 140-146 of the first comic, issues 63-66 of the second comic, and issues 52-55 of the third comic.

meanwhile manga is like: yeah you read from volume 1 lmao. first story arc was volumes 1-6, second was volumes 6-12, third was volumes 12-15, fourth was volumes 15-22, and we're on the fifth story arc since volume 23 and the series is currently on volume 26.

Top Bottom