Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So here's an idea I'm working on with a story I'm (trying to get back to) writing at the moment.

We've seen stories of a technology advanced future. We've seen stories of an anarchic post apocalyptic future. What about a post-post-apocalyptic story. Some where in the past there was a great catastrophe, and it was big enough that it's still talked about. But at the point of the story, civilization has been rebuilt. Technology is comparable if not better than present day. Society as a whole seems very much like it does today. That doesn't negate the fact that it's still technically post-apocalyptic.

2. A catastrophe in one country/continent/hemisphere doesn't equal a catastrophe in another section of the world.

I think the best example I can probably think of is Akira. Though it's still pretty dystopian, Japan has rebuilt after an apocalyptic incident. Government (however corrupt) has been rebuilt). Cities and tech have been advanced.

The thing with Akira though is that it's still very dystopian and there's nothing said about what kind of shape the rest of the world is in. So it still feels very post-apocalyptic while what I'd like to see is more of a rebuilt post-post-apocalyptic story.

Yeah, not sure why I'm writing all this. Mind's just wandering while at work mostly. This is probably one of my more board-friendly wanderings.

Also, red-heads are hot... but I'll spare you that particular stream of thought.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Look into the Mutineer's Moon book by David Weber(realistically, the whole Dahak trilogy) as it involves something along those lines. Or the Freehold books, though to my understanding that's not gotten up to the point you're thinking of for post-post.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Got a call w/ a caller ID from Michigan. Claimed to be my internet provider and I needed a new router. When I asked them if they had my acct# and name, they said yes and after I insisted, they gave the wrong name. Number blocked.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
My credit card wants to increase my limit. I've had the same credit card with the same limit for 17 years, and this is the first time they've actually made the offer.

I really shouldn't, because I know that if I did, I'd want to use it. So I'm just gonna ignore it for now.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Every region of the United States has some local burger chain that everyone insists is the greatest shit ever but it's all the same mid-tier fast food garbage.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
Florida Man's. Made with fresh ground gator, invasive snakehead and airboat roadkill manatee marinated in bath salts and seasoned with crystal meth. Freshly grilled by the finest bums in a dumpster under a bridge. Served on a bed of swamp algae and garnished with skunk ape secretions

Last edited:

Top Bottom