Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Yeah Ringo Starr narrated the first two seasons in the UK and he renarrated all but one episode of the first season and all but 9 episodes of the second season IIRC for the US version.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Honestly I don't mind the CGI seasons and I can at least commend the show for maintaining the look of the model-era even with the CGI switch and not pulling a Bob the Builder and completely redesigning the characters (although I say that and I looked it up and apparently the last couple years of the original Bob the Builder did the same thing and switched to CGI from claymation while retaining the original look of the series? Huh, had no idea cause I stopped watching Bob the Builder when I was like 6 years old).

And while I do think the early CGI seasons have kind of visibly aged somewhat poorly, I think the later seasons look really good. Although that being said, even with me thinking the CGI improved as time went on, the actual environments while never looking bad, always felt like they were missing something from the model era.

Plus I'd rather the show be CGI than this:
MV5BN2I2YTM1ZDAtODVkZS00MDBiLTk4MTQtNjFlNmVjYTFlM2NlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ4NTcxNTI0._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I don't dislike the CG per se it just feels off. That probably has more to do with CG with a TV budget than anything else though.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Me: (puts together some model kits I got and wants to go outside and take photos of them)

The weather: Absolutely not. Die (starts raining)

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd like to drive without getting soaked on the way to the car and back.

I am aware of the invention of umbrellas but they only help so much.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Holy crap, this is what was missing from comics all along: a dude with the proportional strength, durability and flavor of Rice Krispy Treats.
g3r3812.png

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Have you ever noticed in movies, shows and video games whenever you see some rebar, it's usually a bad thing? I often get really uncomfortable walking into Home Depot.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
We need more movies where people get impaled on giant bones. Fantasy films love having giant skeletons laying around, put 'em to use.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Our car has been at the shop since December, I think we're far past overdue going there and asking 'what the **** are you idiots doing?'

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Yikes! Unless they are waiting on a part (which could happen, but they should have told you that was what was going on), that seems extremely long. What did it go in for?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
FiWkQEHX0AEUad9.jpg

Some asshole did a hit and run against our car while my grandpa was leaving the cemetery where my dad and grandma are buried back at the end of November.

And I am honestly 100% convinced these ***** haven't even been working our car because they are constantly and blatantly lying to us. Talking like they've told us the estimated time for repairs (which IIRC was originally like a couple weeks) and then 'Oh sorry we're waiting to get the last part we need, your estimated repair time has been extended by a week' A week passes and...our car still isn't ready and they claim they're still waiting for that part. We'll call them and they'll tell us stuff like 'The part is coming, your car will be ready by next week.' NOPE. Still not ready and they still claim they need to get parts.

We've even called our car insurance about this and they've called the repair shop to ask what's going on and they've told them that our car's repairs should be done by 'the next Tuesday'. Tuesday comes and we don't get any texts or calls saying that our car is ready and when we call them, they claim that they haven't even started working on our car because 'we haven't been contacted by your car insurance yet'.

Bull-*******-shit.

These fuckers have had our car for months, they've told us that they've been working on it multiple times, that it's 'almost done' multiple times, and yet every time we call them, they claim 'Oh we still need a part, we still need a part' and now they're trying to act like our car insurance, who are literally the ones who sent the car to this repair shop, have never contacted them and they've not even been working on our car for all these months?

BULL-*******-SHIT.

I am seriously at the point where I feel we should go down to the repair shop and demand to see our car. In fact, if it's not repaired, demand for a tow truck so we can tow it to another repair shop that isn't ran by a bunch of incompetent boobs at best or outright scammers at worst.

And considering there's multiple other reviews of this repair shop where people have had the same issue as we're facing (car being at the shop for months, in one case a whole YEAR, them never contacting them, claiming that they're waiting for a part, one review even says they basically gutted the entire interior of the car when all the damage was to the exterior), yeah I am 100% leaning to calling these people a scamjob.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Yeah, that sounds extremely fishy. Body parts are still having random supply issues (we were on a 6-month waiting list for my wife's car's headlights) but every legitimate body shop I deal with knows when a part is backorder and can at least tell the customer what the approximate waiting time is. What you're dealing with is very suspicious; I would think your insurance could demand they let you take your car to another, more reputable shop.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Summoning bigger fish is fun. Since the insurance company is already wondering what's going on, I'd get back on the phone with them and see what they can do.

Top Bottom