Power Rangers General Discussion Thread

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Oddly, it looks like Teletoon in Canada will start showing 6 of the unaired season 2 episodes starting in September.

I'm not sure if the other 5 or 6 just aren't finished yet or not. Netflix might wait until October or November to drop them when they're all done?

Chances are, we'll be getting some news this week, since Hasbro is having a "Power Week" from August 22-28 online.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Especially with Zedd still at large and not seen since his return last year.

Though, I have a theory about him. If, perhaps, he never shows up again to be defeated in this season, I'm betting he was revived at all so that he could become the main villain for next year's season. If the next season after this one is rumored to be the very last and final season of this main Power Rangers continuity, then it would make sense to bring back someone like Zedd to serve as the very final villain to end the whole saga with arguably the most iconic Power Rangers villain of all time.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I kind of wondered if Zedd wouldn't end up being the villain for that "adult"-focused Power Rangers season that Hasbro talked a little bit about a LONG time ago. Then again, the Gold Dino Fury Ranger was supposed to play a part in him being defeated, so we'll probably see him defeated by this season's end. Or next, if the rumors about the Dino Fury cast getting a upgrade to Cosmic Fury end up being true.

Paladin

Citizen
For you, the day Ryu graced the Lightning Collection was the greatest day of your life. But for me... It was Tuesday.

Megatronus Prime

Citizen
I kind of wondered if Zedd wouldn't end up being the villain for that "adult"-focused Power Rangers season that Hasbro talked a little bit about a LONG time ago. Then again, the Gold Dino Fury Ranger was supposed to play a part in him being defeated, so we'll probably see him defeated by this season's end. Or next, if the rumors about the Dino Fury cast getting a upgrade to Cosmic Fury end up being true.
That Sounds Like The Adult Scooby Doo Show-Cancelled.

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
For you, the day Ryu graced the Lightning Collection was the greatest day of your life. But for me... It was Tuesday.

I'm a bit disappointed that he doesn't come with an unmasked head. What, do they expect people to use the head from Figuarts Ryu or something? =P

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I guess we can presume that Kyuuranger will be the Sentai adapted for this one, if at least for just the megazord footage if not also the ranger suit footage.

Last edited:

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Returning cast for a succeeding series for the first time since Power Rangers Zeo, eh?

(Do not even try to gotcha me. I refuse to treat the Super Megaforce naming with respect.)

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I can’t help but wonder if this won’t be a ”test attempt” at Hasbro/eOne’s attempt at making an almost entirely western Power Rangers series. The inclusion of the tyrannosaurus in the logo makes me think they’ll retain at least some of the Dino-theming into this next season…but none of the unused Sentai series really “fits” that angle. Plus, with the 30th Anniversary, I would think there would be SOME effort to tie into the original MMPR.

Guess we’ll see next year.

Shadewing

Citizen
The rumors have been that this is gonna be a 'short' season, so it kinda makes sense to keep the actors you have rather then casting a whole new crew.

Top Bottom