Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
A story in three parts

bUgZY7v.jpg

XY3JQQn.png

psv27kw.png

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I agree on the overall "look," but the SS86 van mode isn't bad by any means, and looks the part well enough.

The problem with the ER van is that it had too many issues that just didn't work. The should blocks cutting off the windows, the feet just sticking out, the Cybertronian wheels. I actually like the shield roof, that was the right kind of Diaclone throwback I can get behind. The rest though.... yeesh.

I tried though. I got the set to replace the feet with feet that transformed into a real van back, and while they looked the part they utterly fail to clip together in van mode. So even if the feet no longer stand out like they did... they still don't look good.
And after that swing and miss I just decided to stop trying to make such a flawed mould work and go with the SS86 one. My major issue with it- the flat Sunbow deco- was easily solved with the ToyHax toy-accurate set. So the cost of one set of stickers vs a bunch of third party add-on kits that may not work?

SS86 won.
I've gone back and forth on this and currently I'm of the mind to get an SS86 Ironhide (is anyone making a new "not dead" windshield?), and nonnef-upgrade the heck out of Earthrise/Galactic Odyssey Ratchet with better feet and repair bay stand bits. So I can have both molds (plus the Earthrise stuff has sentimental value due to outside factors) and have one that homages the Diaclone sled.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I've gone back and forth on this and currently I'm of the mind to get an SS86 Ironhide (is anyone making a new "not dead" windshield?), and nonnef-upgrade the heck out of Earthrise/Galactic Odyssey Ratchet with better feet and repair bay stand bits. So I can have both molds (plus the Earthrise stuff has sentimental value due to outside factors) and have one that homages the Diaclone sled.
Without the upgrade kits, that's what I've done. I was planning on turning Earthrise Ratchet into a Autotrooper, but removing the head was too difficult.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Never write off the lanky dude; They usually hide ludicrous endurance, and pack some surprising strength. In fact, my money is on the owl.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I keep wondering., transforming Battle Beasts when..?

Technically we already have three, so long as you consider "bending over at the waste to make a head" to be transforming.

But I would love to see some proper Battle Beasts. Maybe as Targetmasters/Battlemasters. Heck, Smashdown was basically 90% of the way there:
Siege-toy_Smashdown.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I keep wondering., transforming Battle Beasts when..?
Funny you should mention that...

I8P9las.jpg

I took this pic two nights ago as I was getting ready to leave work and head home that evening. I noticed this price tag in our very small toy section, a price tag I had never seen before that evening.

There was also a tag that read "TRANSFORMER TOY", which I presume refers to the few Authentics figures we've been selling up to now, and another tag that read "TRANSFORMER EARTHSPARK", which is a little more self-explanatory. But this tag?

Now, I don't wanna get anyone's hopes up, but I honestly have no idea what this tag actually refers to.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I don't know what that is either, but I would pay $9.99 for a modern Battle Beast, were such a thing to exist.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Funny you should mention that...

I8P9las.jpg

I took this pic two nights ago as I was getting ready to leave work and head home that evening. I noticed this price tag in our very small toy section, a price tag I had never seen before that evening.

There was also a tag that read "TRANSFORMER TOY", which I presume refers to the few Authentics figures we've been selling up to now, and another tag that read "TRANSFORMER EARTHSPARK", which is a little more self-explanatory. But this tag?

Now, I don't wanna get anyone's hopes up, but I honestly have no idea what this tag actually refers to.

Not to be a buzzkill, but it wouldn't be the RotB Beast Weapons, would it?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Not to be a buzzkill, but it wouldn't be the RotB Beast Weapons, would it?
Like I said, I have no idea.

The peg was empty, and looking up those ROTB toys they're called "Beast Battle Masters", so if that is the case, then somebody got the words backwards.

Top Bottom