Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Some classic Winter Wallpaper from years past
100_4257.JPG
100_4264.JPG

Shadewing

Citizen
Personally, unless you're going for something of Alternators level of realism; Clear plastic adds nothing to a figure. Becuase all it does is reveal the folded up robot inside; no interiors no molded details. Just "we have to shove the robot somewhere" leading clear plastic just detracting from the realism rather then adding to it, unless you tint it so dark you can't see through it at all, then why not use just regular plastic for it? Combined further with how costs are nowdays, they can't afford most the time to make clear plastic as part of regular plastic, so if they use it, the whole sprue has to be clear. Leading to things like SS Mirage's transclearent arms, or being used in places where joint friction is gonna make them break in 5-10 years, if that.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I gotta disagree. I much prefer the look of clear plastic for windows/headlights, etc. on vehicle modes. A bit of tint to make the interior not SUPER visible is all I need to be able to mentally block out any secret robot bits hiding inside. Painted windows are fine for anything below Deluxe scale, but I really think they detract from the figure on anything Deluxe or larger (well, for real-life vehicles anyway. If you turn into some kind of made up sci-fi tank or something, I can easily look past it.)

cliff1.jpg

Lobjob

Citizen
IMO, when a deco goes super cartoon accurate except for the windows, that looks off. Especially when the windows are a part of the robots main features. Like sometimes the design needs that blue pop. Otherwise, i guess it depends

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Cybertron has a schrodinger too.

He's a war criminal. Sentenced to death and then dismembered. His parts were stored away in locked vaults in the further corners of the planet... but no one is sure, cause everyone is too scared to check.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Cybertron has a schrodinger too.

He's a war criminal. Sentenced to death and then dismembered. His parts were stored away in locked vaults in the further corners of the planet... but no one is sure, cause everyone is too scared to check.
But every so often, one can hear the distant sound of piano music coming from the directions of where his parts were stored, making one wonder...

Top Bottom