Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Valkitus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
IMG_8069.jpeg
IMG_8058.jpeg

Got Prime and Toxitron!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
View attachment 15599

A bunch of tough guys.

I am realizing how weird this sentence is as I type it, but: I wish SS86 Brawn's feet were more substantial.

Less-weird thing to say and phrase: man, I am not sold on that face. Forget gap fillers and such, give me a better headsculpt for Brawn as an upgrade kit option.

Actually, I wish more alternate heads were (in) upgrade kits in general. The heads on retail figures tend to be harder to remove of late (glued, with little clearance for the ball joint neck), but it's doable, and these would open up so many possibilities. There's small-batch stuff like Dark-Ism and of course a plethora on Shapeways, but no finished stuff that can be ordered as readily as extra spoilers and filler parts and one-off guns.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Just got this in the post today.

Decepticon Bludgeon.png

Bludgeon (Kanji).png

IMG_20230802_195359.jpg

Bent Head Crest.png

There are some things to be aware of any this figure though:
- The legs on mine can't stand straight up. He's always in an A-stance. The lower legs can't be rotated at the knees either and the hips are a bit loose so he can't do many poses.

- The back of his helmet gets caught on the collar, so his head often is bent forward/down, depending on how it's posed.

- The scabbards for each katana are attached to his "gun handles" via small round holes, which are also in the same area as his katanas. This means that if they are inside the scabbards, there isn't much "depth" for the holes, so the scabbards can easily fall off.

- His katana and thumbs can easily fall off, which combined with his scabbards, cause a chain reaction of bits taking off if you need to put his katanas in his hands.

- The side mirrors in car mode, plus the mirrored stickers, are kept in a larger bag, rather than the small one and can sit between the folds of the (useless) instruction sheet. They can easily fall out and be lost so be careful. The side mirrors are also a bugger to attach to the car as they go in at an angle.

Last edited:

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I am realizing how weird this sentence is as I type it, but: I wish SS86 Brawn's feet were more substantial.

Less-weird thing to say and phrase: man, I am not sold on that face. Forget gap fillers and such, give me a better headsculpt for Brawn as an upgrade kit option.

Actually, I wish more alternate heads were (in) upgrade kits in general. The heads on retail figures tend to be harder to remove of late (glued, with little clearance for the ball joint neck), but it's doable, and these would open up so many possibilities. There's small-batch stuff like Dark-Ism and of course a plethora on Shapeways, but no finished stuff that can be ordered as readily as extra spoilers and filler parts and one-off guns.
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with the headsculpt. It comes across (to me) as pretty faithful to the Sunbow cartoon. I think the only thing I wish wasn't done was the outlining around the mouth, which makes it stand out more than it probably should. I find the outline around the eyes actually is a nice touch, though.

(Though if you were hoping for the toyetic Cylon style noggin, then forget everything I just said! :ROFLMAO:)

Changing the head on this one would be a job and a half, though, as it's riveted to the panel it's on and there's no screw on the back, either. Kinda surprised, really.

In terms of the feet, I think it's the beefy shins (with all four wheels) that make them seem less substantial than they are. Where they end up in vehicle mode I think plays a part in their size, too. Brawn does seem to be pretty solid on his feet and does get a bit of toe articulation thanks to the transformation joint.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's more that the feet look like slippers, to me, especially with the ankle tilt bent. Sure, there's some chonk to the lower legs, but it's also that that suddenly tapers off an we've got flip-flops whose toes/fronts don't (maybe can't) even try to reconcile the shapes like. It's like SS86 Hot Rod's, but more noticeable since the boot shapes don't lead to them.

His head is indeed a tricky thing to pull off without streamlining away some of the uniqueness. But I think it may be that the cheeks are a tad long and that whole part is raised too much and angular, making it look like his cheeks form a mask above the more organic curve of his lower face underneath it. Making those two parts less separate (and the face just less long) would work a bit better, giving us his manly Homer Simpson/five o'clock shadow mouth area that can be offset by recessed sides.

77618.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
No parking means no PARKING!
View attachment 15628

Tracks "Hey, I was parked legally, I'm waiting for my human buddy to arrive and then we can go clubbing together!"
Towline "You were parked on a double yellow line and there was plenty of signage that said, No parking and No parking, means no parking, we're heading to the impound lot until the pentiy is paid off!" After this, nobody saw Tracks again, as he was impounded and had his wheels chained so that he couldn't drive off and the chains were connected to the other offenders, like Baricade, Prowl, Sideburn, even Megatron!!

Reactions: tec

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Tracks "Hey, I was parked legally, I'm waiting for my human buddy to arrive and then we can go clubbing together!"
Towline "You were parked on a double yellow line and there was plenty of signage that said, No parking and No parking, means no parking, we're heading to the impound lot until the pentiy is paid off!" After this, nobody saw Tracks again, as he was impounded and had his wheels chained so that he couldn't drive off and the chains were connected to the other offenders, like Baricade, Prowl, Sideburn, even Megatron!!
I sometimes wonder if an Autobot would just try to transform and sneak away while the driver isn't looking.

Top Bottom