Police behaving badly

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
How do you make sure that whoever programs the AI or controls the drones isn't an evil jackass?
If you've got a sure fire "evil jackass" test, you patent that shit and sell it as a RINO detector. You'll make a mint and confirm what every already knows anyway,

MrBlud

Citizen
American “Policing” is pretty much riddled with racism back to its founding.

Any data set you’d train it on would be just as bigoted because that’s the only sample set.

Teufel

Citizen
I can't see how this could possibly go wrong or be abused.

Inmates should be able to donate organs or bone marrow in exchange for reduced time in prison, according to a proposed bill in Massachusetts.

Donors would receive at least 60 days but no more than one year off their sentences.

Two state lawmakers - both Democrats - claim the bill would "restore bodily autonomy" to incarcerated people.

But critics warn it is unethical and preys on inmates' desperation.

Organ donation is currently allowed in US federal prisons, but only if the recipient is an immediate family member.

Plus, you give up a kidney an you get 1 year off max? :ROFLMAO:

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Oh, the amount of things that can go wrong with that. . . . My god, can you imagine the lawsuits?
"Yeah, I didn't want to give up a kidney, but it was for someone politically connected so they forced me to sign the paperwork and that's why I'm suing for a billion dollars"

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
At first I was like "Surely they mean the ones who agree to become organ donors, as in their organs will be harvested when they die" and as big as I am on more people doing that, I was equally against that idea because I know it'd just lead to more prisoners dying under suspicious circumstances. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, I think if you're already an organ donor and you get sent to prison, your organ donor status should be revoked until you get out. That's how little I trust the prison system in this country.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Plenty of cops have enough body armor that they almost never have to fear for their lives now, and it doesn't seem to have helped. Because it's not about whether their excuse is plausible or not. 99% of the time, they're not actually having to make their case to the general public, or an impartial jury, because they're not even getting charged in the first place. Their boss is in their corner because the corruption goes all the way to the top, the union is in their corner by design, and the AG is too afraid of being seen as "soft on crime" to press charges unless the case is so high-profile that it makes the national news and sparks riots.
You do not grasp how body armor, and or the wounding mechanics of firearms work.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
I can't see how this could possibly go wrong or be abused.

Plus, you give up a kidney an you get 1 year off max? :ROFLMAO:
I think organs for early release could have all sorts of dystopian outcomes, but donations of renewable bodily resources, blood, plasma, marrow (I think) could work.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Kenyan court sentences police officer to death for triple murder.

4256.jpg

Three other accused will serve sentences of up to 30 years over deaths of Willie Kimani, Josephat Mwenda and Joseph Muiruri, in case that sparked national protests...

(Full story: - https://www.theguardian.com/global-...-sentences-police-officer-to-death-for-triple )

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
David Carrick: Serial rapist Met Police officer jailed for at least 30 years

_128311920_david_carrick-2.jpg

David Carrick was given 36 life sentences.

Serial rapist David Carrick, a "monster" who served in the Metropolitan Police, has been jailed for a minimum of 30 years.

Carrick was told he had shown an "astonishing degree of moral corruption" as he was given 36 life terms by Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb.

The 48-year-old committed violent and brutal sexual offences against a dozen women over two decades...

(Full story: - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-64540800 )

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen

It looks like this guys shot a cop, them shooting back seems pretty fair.

NovaSaber

Citizen
That's what the cops are claiming, but it's probably bullshit.

The Georgia State Patrol says it does not have footage of Terán’s killing because it doesn’t issue body cameras to its officers. The Atlanta police footage shows some officers warned about the threat of crossfire and questioned whether the wounded state trooper was shot by another officer.

Police officer: “You [bleep]ed your own officer up. … Did they shoot their own man? Hmm?”

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Black people seven times more likely to die after police restraint in Britain, figures show.

Black people are seven times more likely to die than white people following restraint by police, new analysis of official data reveals.

The racial disproportionality is higher than previously made public and was unearthed by Inquest, a charity that helps bereaved families after contact with the police or state.

It is contained in a report released on Monday called I Can’t Breathe: Race, Death and British Policing. It alleges that the British system for investigating deaths after contact with the police fails black families and ignores racism as a potential factor...

(Full story: - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...fter-police-restraint-in-britain-figures-show )

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Police spy unit caused ‘outrage and pain’ as it infiltrated leftwing groups.

A judge-led public inquiry has found that an undercover police unit that infiltrated leftwing political groups caused “outrage and pain” to the public and acted in a sexist and racist way.

The inquiry ruled that the Scotland Yard unit was not justified in intruding deeply into the private lives of campaigners, including their sexual relationships, and suggested it should have been disbanded early in its existence.

The inquiry found that the managers of the unit frequently approved reports that contained “many examples” of racism and sexism...

(Full story: - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...used-outrage-pain-infiltrated-leftwing-groups )

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Humberside Police decided not to prosecute child-groping inspector.

_128714902_mediaitem128714901.jpg

Humberside Police decided not to prosecute an inspector later found to have groped two girls.

Insp Craig Mattinson, 47, was sacked on Thursday after a panel found him guilty of gross misconduct.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) confirmed to the BBC the case was not referred to them to consider criminal proceedings.

The force insisted "correct procedures" were followed, stating a successful prosecution was not thought possible...

(Full story: - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-humber-64760007 )

Top Bottom