Playstation Thread.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
And if you like the stealth portions, the first game had a lot more of that going than this one. Seriously cannot recommend the first game and Miles game enough. I’ve platinumed the original and remaster and am one trophy away from doing the same on Miles’s game. Plus just the story is amazing in the first game.
Thanks for the all info. I didn't read One More Day but I read Dan Slott's run so at least I know about May doing FEAST and Mister Negative being around (though I don't know how he's involved with Miles' dad's death?)

More stealth in the first game? Ok, I'm definitely going to play it then, hehe, thanks for that, hehe

You should be able to find a bersion of Miles Morales that includes the first Spiderman game...or was it the other way around...I forget. I still haven't gotten to the second game yet. But everything Daith said I second. It's a really good game and most people I've talked to tend to agree.

Edit:
Also, shame on me! I completely forgot to mention Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. Definite must play.
I played Ratchet and Clank 1-3 but I don't know the whole... Ratchet's race being time keepers or something.

---
Have to say the pigeon side story where Peter was guiding the pigeons was really well done. Moved me actually.

Finished the Mysterio segment and I loved what they did with him. Sooorta liked what they did with Tombstone. The new thing with Venom, hmm, it's not Brock but... the only known reporter here so far is MJ. Peter will humiliate MJ and she'll turn into Venom! Gasp! Kidding, hehe

Uh, is how Spider-Man 2 how Witcher plays like?

Shadewing

Citizen
Oh, I don't have a PS4 so no extra games for me.

PS5 Spider-Man's game world is throwing me for a loop. Along with the other stuff,

Mary Jane is a reporter?
Who is Black Cat's girlfriend?
Who is Wraith Yuri?
Don't people get confused when Peter in his Spider-Man suit calls Miles as Spider-Man too? Someone would have called Miles as Spiderboy or something.
Is Aunt May dead too?
Both Osborns are around but I don't know if they turned into Goblins in the previous game.

So far, I'm about to see Mysterio! Woo!

I love the stealth takedown tactics. I love stringing up so many henchmen from web lines I shoot across.

Miles turning invisible, I'm fuzzy on using, cuz my mindset is making web lines overheard and grabbing people from above.

My suggestion: Find the PS5 version of Miles Morelas Spider-man; the Ultimate edition comes with a remastered Spider-Man 1. You can easily have the whole trilogy to play.

Shadewing

Citizen
Edit:
Also, shame on me! I completely forgot to mention Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. Definite must play.

HAving also got a PS5 lately; that was my first game I played on it. Easily the best R&C ever; espically after how short some of the previous ones are. Also, it is a really great show of what the system can do.

I just beat Spider-Man 2 as well. My next big game will be Horizon 2. But first I'm gonna do a few "smaller" games; Judgement (never played on ps4) and Lost Judgement; since I love the Yakuza series and want to do them before I get to the three new ones.

Need to get around to getting God of War Ragnarok as well. And Baldur's Gate 3.

Shadewing

Citizen
Thanks for the all info. I didn't read One More Day but I read Dan Slott's run so at least I know about May doing FEAST and Mister Negative being around (though I don't know how he's involved with Miles' dad's death?)

More stealth in the first game? Ok, I'm definitely going to play it then, hehe, thanks for that, hehe

I played Ratchet and Clank 1-3 but I don't know the whole... Ratchet's race being time keepers or something.

---
Have to say the pigeon side story where Peter was guiding the pigeons was really well done. Moved me actually.

Finished the Mysterio segment and I loved what they did with him. Sooorta liked what they did with Tombstone. The new thing with Venom, hmm, it's not Brock but... the only known reporter here so far is MJ. Peter will humiliate MJ and she'll turn into Venom! Gasp! Kidding, hehe

Uh, is how Spider-Man 2 how Witcher plays like?

The Pidgeon mission is a sequel mission to the first game; where you had to help find the lost Pidgeons.

The thing with Venom isn't technically new. the cartoon "Ultimate Spider-Man" had a similar plotline
Harry gets Symbiote, uses Symbiote to be a hero, ends up becoming Venom
but it still does its own thing with the concept.

Ratchet and Clank: The the PS3 titles deal with the mystery of Ratchet's race. They discovered interdimensional travel and then yeeted themselves to another dimension for... reasons... still not completely revealed iirc but it was some sort of threat they are running/hiding from. It seems like the next game might actually answer what exactly happened.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
In our family we have a rule of not buying ourselves anything before Christmas. Spiderman 2 is on my list, so I won't be playing it until the 25th at the absolute earliest. But I definitely want to play it one way or another.

Until then I'm simultaneously doing my second run of Baldur's Gate III and my (looks at note pad) 17th play through of the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Shadewing

Citizen
So since this seems to have some Spider-Man 2 talk; not sure if I'm missing other threads of it being discussed:

Story Spoilers, for those that have yet to beat the game. Seriously many spoilers will follow:

So, at the end of the day... I don't like this game as much as the first or Miles' game. And that is purely due to the story. Strike that; its almost solely to do with Kraven. See, I don't like Kraven; he's always been one of my least favorite villians. But this game... Makes me like him even less. He's not right for the story this game is trying to tell. This is largely a story about second chances and redemption. Harry's getting a second chance at life and trying to make the most of it; Sandman, Mysterio, Tombstone, Prowler, Lizard, Negative Man, all have some element of trying to leave their criminal pasts behind them. Rio is starting to date again... So much and so often these themes are coming up in some form... and then you got ******* Kraven.

Kraven is just their to kill people, killing arguably better villians then him. You get almost no reason for this; but then you got his league of infinite hunters. ******* really? Kraven the master hunter... has a literal army of huntsmen to do his bidding? Nothing Kraven does adds to this story, he's just there tearing through things. What little story you get on him, still doesn't work with the plot and themes. Apparently he's dying... maybe of cancer? And just wants to give a big **** you to nature and go out on his terms... But its all like a bull in a china shop... He just smashes through any attempts to tell a story here. There's no subtly no interest, Just there to be a big villian before Venom actually shows up. Once Venom takes over, the game and story gets much better becuase it suddenly remembers about telling its story.

There's no personal connection to Kraven, other then him freeing Negative Man and that throwing Miles off his game... but the game then loosely kinda forgets the plot for the entire middle of the game. It gets mentioned but Li just completely disappears from the story for good chunk of it. And when he does repear it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But at least we start getting some interesting stuff again. Kraven is fine as a villian, but he's not a headliner. He shouldn't be essentially the primary antagonist for the game. Just about ANY other villian could have done better and been more interesting with a better story.

There's good story and ideas in here, almost all the side stuff is really well done. All the symbiote stuff is done well, taking a lot of modern stuff that I wasn't expecting, including the use of one Symbiote that I didn't expect but am glad to see got used; and setting up another one that completely blindsided me. It's just Kraven that ***** everything up.

I'll still be interested in what DLC we get, since there's a few plot threads dangling that would make great DLC content; much better then ******* Hammerhead.

wentwood

Citizen
I'm playing Tekken 6 on Android.

This version includes Julia Chang rather than Jaycee.

It's adapted from the PSP port.

So hopefully I can soon play Tekken 7.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
OMG. I haven't slept! Spider-Man 2 has been an absolute rollercoaster!

I guess can't comment anymore since they're spoilers but OMG, it has just been absolutely amazing! I'll just be vague and general.

I'm 80% and the gunk has hit the fan!

But even before that, it's been an absolute blast!

- the monster of queens? Absolutely LOVED it! With the exception of the fatality, it would have been absolutely wholesome.

- birdwatching was tough but unique. I figured out the secret of the target 3/4th of the way and it was a great comic call back!

- the giant fight? Why couldn't we have had THAT for a movie instead?! Had horror movie vibes.

- Miles facing his demons? Chilling. Love that other guy now.

- I loved using surge mode! The power during fights was such a temptation. I don't blame anyone for not resisting, hehe

- the rescue and the fight, wow. It took me a while to figure out what to do but I felt like a genius when I got it, haha. Then afterwards, what an excellent match!

- when the inevitable happened, I hoped for something and they gave it! Amazing!

- then centerstage, jaw drop. Wow.

They'd better stick the landing!

Edit - finished it. Thumbs hurt, haha.

Darn those Mary Jane levels! So tough! Also horror movie at times, haha

Anyhow, the ending was hugely epic and I loved the visuals of the city in the final part. Feels like something in my nightmare rpg story.

Stuff got left unfinished. I thought for sure the fire thing would do something but... where did it go?

Never liked Harry or the Goblins but, well, it works better in the story.

Loved Kraven but he looked like future older Kano from Mortal Kombat 10, haha. Man, it's a shame the Kraven movie would have the game stuff, cuz they have to deal with his origin.

Loved Li. I don't think he's that popular in the comic fandom but loved him here. He was created by Dan Slott during the May Feast run, pre Superior Spider-Man, right? Hope he comes back.

Anyhow Spider-Man 2 is a ton of fun and I'm surprised at so much drama and story they put in the game. Why can't we have movies like this? Dang.

I'll check which of my friends has the PS5 Miles Morales, Spider-Man 1 remastered. But I've got to finally play Breath of the Wild, haha

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Dang it, dang it! The Spider-Man Miles Morales PS5 my friend got that I was going to borrow was the regular version and not the Ultimate version! Argh!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So I didn't get Spiderman 2, but I did get an Amazon gift card and a 1TB expansion for my PS5. Spiderman 2 will be arriving this week.

Mass Effect is going slowly this time due to the games I'm playing alongside it. So who knows what will happen once I get Spiderman 2?

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Fero: I've been watching TMM play Baldur's Gate 3 and it is VERY thirsty. You can sleep with the main cast members regardless of your MC's gender. I started my own playthrough. It is a bit confusing since I'm not thar familiar w/ D&D, but I barely got started.

Shadewing

Citizen
Fero: I've been watching TMM play Baldur's Gate 3 and it is VERY thirsty. You can sleep with the main cast members regardless of your MC's gender. I started my own playthrough. It is a bit confusing since I'm not thar familiar w/ D&D, but I barely got started.

I just started as well. Honestly was very frustrated with it the first day or two, but once I got used to its controls I'm starting to enjoy it. I grew up on the first two Baldur's Gate games.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
For the life of me, I thought Baldur's Gate 3 was a PC game only! I told me friend and he went and bought a copy. I'll borrow it afterwards, to make up for him buying the regular version of Miles Morales and not the Ultimate edition, haha.

Top Bottom