Pixar’s Starcom toys aka Lightyear toys

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
with the lackluster box office performance and bans in several countries, i'm concerned that the toy line will stop at what's currently available.. perhaps some may become shelfwarmers and discounted. Probably good for us who collects them..
To be honest, given the general state of the industry, it was highly unlikely there would be much beyond what we've seen in the pipeline.

You have theatrical window, home viewing/streaming release and Christmas. That's about par for the kind of movie Lightyear positions itself as.

Master Fwiffo

Citizen
So for those of us who liked the Hypserspeed Series, Star Wars Micro Galaxies Squadrons, aka Action Fleet but in scale, is hitting Walmarts NOW!

I need the Razorcrest.

Master Fwiffo

Citizen
Finally saw Lightyear. Man that movie is baffling. As a stand alone Pixar Sci Fi film, I thought it was pretty good - funny charming and plenty of action.

As a Buzz Lightyear film it was a God Awful travesty.

But most baffling is that with this amazing line of awesome well designed spaceships, NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM WAS IN THE FILM FOR MORE THAN 3 MINUTES. The Tou Accurate Armadillo doesn’t even lift off. Zergs Fighter gets 30 seconds of an action scene. Only the XL1 and XL15 get any real appearance and both exist for about one sequence. The other XLs get super brief cameo appearances at best, and some don’t even get that. Wow, I was hoping for a lot of spaceships and I was very disappointed.

Master Fwiffo

Citizen
So for those of us who liked the Hypserspeed Series, Star Wars Micro Galaxies Squadrons, aka Action Fleet but in scale, is hitting Walmarts NOW!

I need the Razorcrest.
FYI these should be broadly released now. The Razorcrest is an Amazon exclusive and is fantastic. My Falcon should be arriving today.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
To be fair, I saw a LOT more of the other XLs than I really expected. I was certain some would have been just concept stuff that would end up cut, but most of them DID actually appear, with the retro XL-09 being the least seen of those outside the 1 and 15.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Well, Lightyear was thorough disappointment in many areas...including toy sales. THAT MEANS SALES!

Amazon has almost the entire Hyperspeed series marked down to some degree, including a lot of later wave items that have little chance of hitting retail. I snagged the XL-14 for 11.99 with a $4 off coupon, and the XL-03 was marked to only 8.99. They also have the "support vehicle" sets available, though only the Space Command set with Aisha and the two vehicles have any discount.

If anyone is interested in this line, keep an eye out. I have a feeling this line is "done" at retail, so if you haven't seen later releases, best be hawking Amazon now before inventory dries up.

Top Bottom