Pixar’s Starcom toys aka Lightyear toys

evanrue

Citizen
Awesome pics and collection! The XL-01 from the Walmart 2-pack has battle damage/scuff marks, while the single pack release is clean like the rest of the XLs.

I see you have the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 ships too... And I agree with you regarding the size: the Action Fleet, Starcom, GotG ship and Lightyear's Hyperspeed line are in the very best scale for both playability and display.
My local Mattel shop has the Zurg's Mothership (hyperspeed) in stock. Tempted, but at USD80, and being the only capital ship class in the series so far, might have to pass..
Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 8.58.13 AM.png

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I need more pics of that one!

Kind of small, IMO. Them electronics are getting expensive these days…though I hope there are provisions for the other drop pods besides the included one.

evanrue

Citizen

Kind of small, IMO. Them electronics are getting expensive these days…though I hope there are provisions for the other drop pods besides the included one.
On the other hand, this mothership might be in scale (or at least, displays well) with some 1/4000 scale capital ships, like the Revell Star Destroyer, the Moebius Battlestar Galactica, and the Eaglemoss Enterprise-D here..

143EB146-D912-4FA2-A993-6BBE7C120EDD_1_201_a.jpeg

Master Fwiffo

Citizen

Smaller may make me more likely to get it. I think i’ll have to wait for some in-hand pics though.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Linking this for shared interest: Jazwares has revealed the Star Wars Micro Galaxy Squadron. It's an Action Fleet revival

Master Fwiffo

Citizen
Linking this for shared interest: Jazwares has revealed the Star Wars Micro Galaxy Squadron. It's an Action Fleet revival
I’m so hyped to get an Action Fleet sized Razorcrest.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
While mostly we’ve been gushing about the Hyperspeed series, Mattel is making an impressive Star Command base for the 5” figure line. It’s expensive, but after the last few years of seeing plastic frame and cardboard play sets being so dominant, it’s nice to see a real, “solid”, play set. Even if it is over $100

evanrue

Citizen
Entertainment Earth has images up for the XL-14. And it is TOTALLY a shmup ship. I LOVE IT

Finally got the XL-03 and XL-12!

HSLY02.jpeg

The co-sell image at the back of the pack shows a battle-damage XL-15, the XL-09 and the XL-14:
HSLY01.jpeg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Saw several ships at Aldi today for $8.99 each. One ALMOST came home with me, but I put it back. They look like a ton of fun, but heaven knows I don't need another toy line to collect.

evanrue

Citizen
with the lackluster box office performance and bans in several countries, i'm concerned that the toy line will stop at what's currently available.. perhaps some may become shelfwarmers and discounted. Probably good for us who collects them..

Top Bottom