Physical Game Disks

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
And people have DS games that are disintegrating.

Heck.. I literally just saw this picture as an good example.

1675269671443.png

Also, again.. The reading hardware IE.. Lazers and drives are also going to start becoming rarer as well.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
And people have DS games that are disintegrating.

Again, it depends on how well you take care of them. My whole DS, 3DS, Advance, Vita, NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5, Gamecube, Wii, WiiU and Switch collections are still in as good condition as when I first bought them.

I admit that some of my PSP disks have seen better days, but I think those were made on the cheap to begin with.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
PSP discs have always been notoriously delicate.

We can either keep the physical media and hope it holds up, or go digital and hope whoever owns the rights doesn't change their minds. Either way, nothing is permanent. Digital doesn't look as nice on a shelf, though.

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
If I don't see the case, I will most likely forget that I even have the game. I have a massive amount of indie PC games I got on a bundle sale years ago, but have only played like 2.25 of them.

Tibarn

Citizen
I play a lot of Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider mostly. On any system.

On my I Pad I caught up most of
Final Fantasy III NES and had cloud
data saved that game.
Cloud data saves are a convenient way to transfer your game progress across different devices. By saving your game data to the cloud, you can pick up where you left off on any device that supports the game, as long as you are signed in to the same account. By the way, I had a similar situation where I forgot the data here and thanks to the fact that I saved that data in the cloud, I will be able to regain access to the game. So it's always important to save your data if you don't want to lose your gameplay.

Last edited:

Top Bottom