On the wings of a dragon - Dekafox's excuse to post art

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
So one thing I find neat(though not a lot of artists do this kind of commission) is to give an artist a character, a theme song to inspire as a prompt, and let them cut loose. The "True FIghter" song from Ultraman Orb Origin always felt like a perfect description of how Lunaria saw her werewolf nature, and (other than the Ultraman Orb callout) I always pictured it as her insert song in combat scenes. Especially the climactic ones where the opening song would play over the action.

And even better, there's a English version, that fits perfectly and sounds natural!

So I just got back a "song-promtped speedpaint" of her with that very song:
PROTECTEDspeedpaint lunaria wolf-watermarked-1920px_small_SHARE.png

So here she is channeling the light in what looks like ti's about to be some sort of AOE/close burst attack, while doing an awoo.

Artist for this one is https://www.furaffinity.net/user/anoroth/

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Got another commission back pretty quickly too, from Halopromise. I'd liked his stuff, then saw that werewolves was one of his preferred subjects, not just raptors, so I jumped on it when he opened, and turned out not many others apparently did. (Their loss.)

halopromise_eclipse.png

It's a rather symbolic piece - Lunaria is a werewolf, which are usually tied to the moons, but she also wields the Light, which is often linked to the sun. So just like an eclipse makes the sun and moon one, she is also bringing together(in a way) the powers of sun and moon. I also loved the idea enough I made it part of her story as well - this is when she finally fully comes to terms with the idea that the Light won't abandon her just for being what others consider a monster. As long as she stays true to herself and her oaths, it will answer when called.

Top Bottom