Nobody has the intention to invade Ukraine

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The member nation went all out anyway, whats the point of a peaceful venue to talk things out if at least one side has absolutely no interest in using it.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
The idea is that it gives an avenue for discussion once said party wises up or becomes desperate enough to try talking instead of fighting. I fear Russia can't be reasoned with until Putin is gone at this point, though.

Cybersnark

Citizen
What's the difference between a military offensive and a war exactly?
Not to defend the UN's cowardice, but I can kinda see drawing a legalistic distinction between a formally declared war (in which two aggressors attack each other over a casus belli [meaning that both sides publicly acknowledge that they have no grudge against anyone else --including aid workers and unrelated foreign nationals caught in the conflict area]) and an invasion (in which a single belligerent unilaterally attacks/annexes a sovereign neighbour without any formal declaration, provocation, or allowance for non-combatants).

In this case, Russia is the clear-cut aggressor, and Ukraine had no intent to enter into combat or influence/destabilize the Russian government, nor has it displayed any intent to contest or seize Russian sovereign territory (even if, let's face it, they probably could at this point).

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Implying that the UN is required to do anything, ever, regardless of what they call a thing.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
It probably is part of their plan: scare both europe as a whole and ukraine in specific with nuclear disaster in a bid to blackmail for control. I wouldn't be surprised if russia starts pushing REALLY HARD for negotiations now.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
It probably is part of their plan: scare both europe as a whole and ukraine in specific with nuclear disaster in a bid to blackmail for control. I wouldn't be surprised if russia starts pushing REALLY HARD for negotiations now.
"We aren't going to attack Ukraine with nuclear weapons, but they have a lot of nuclear power plants... sure would be a shame if they all just happened to suffer a catastrophic meltdown at the same time."

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Sadly lot of people being stupid about anything that is Russian. Some morons were apparently trying to give Duolingo grief for still offering the language for learning? The ****. Not the first time in American history that we've tried to shame languages out of usage tho

Shattered Trousers

That thing Ratchet needed.
Citizen
case in point:

images - 2022-03-11T001758.096.jpeg

"I wonder if this "House of Poutine" is any relation?"
"Unlikely, sir, they spell and pronounce their names differently."
"Bah! I'll insult and threaten the staff until they tell me themselves!"

~L~

Top Bottom