Netflix Soundwave WFC

RavenWood

Citizen
I have a question: When will we get that figure again? There’s only been one wave for the Soundwave

The Phazer

Citizen
Yeah, it's weird because I'm not sure there's a good price point now for the tapes. Maybe a slightly higher parts count and some accessories to push them into core class? Still, I think Hasbro Marketing might look a bit quizzically at a dozen toys who turn into boxes at retail for £11.99 each.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Yeah, it's weird because I'm not sure there's a good price point now for the tapes. Maybe a slightly higher parts count and some accessories to push them into core class? Still, I think Hasbro Marketing might look a bit quizzically at a dozen toys who turn into boxes at retail for £11.99 each.
To be fair, we ARE getting a Rumble in Studio Series Core Class.

In so far as the listing? I'm not sure it was a "Packaging Refresh" (which are typically labeled as suffixes), it was before the name, which makes me think descriptor (ie, "Prime" Soundwave). Even if it was a package refresh listing...Netflix Soundwave has never been available at retail in the Voyager assortment. It would be a "new" item (if I remember some of the peculiarities of how Hasbro classifies "new" stuff), not a refresh (which are typically just packaging changes from a prior release). But I could be wrong and this listing IS Netflix Soundwave in a mass retail format.
All that said, we didn't even get the package refresh for Starscream in Kingdom, so those aren't a guarantee to begin with, it seems.

At this stage, with the volume of figures that have been exclusive, or "tail ended" or just caught up in crap distribution...I think there is complete justification for a "Archives" line. Slap them in retro packaging and many of us will double dip. Hasbro DOES listen...if fans will make a concerted effort in communicating these wants.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's always Selects, if they want to do them in batches of 4 like last time. Although idk how well that sold.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I love my little cassette armies. I will keep buying them as long as Hasbro keeps making them. New molds, repaints, entirely new characters, whatever. Just keep 'em coming!

The Phazer

Citizen
There's always Selects, if they want to do them in batches of 4 like last time. Although idk how well that sold.

They were a complete nightmare to get hold of outside of the US so they sold the ones they made at least.

There doesn't seem to be any rumours/listings of another tape set though.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I have a question: When will we get that figure again? There’s only been one wave for the Soundwave

Likely not for a long time, unless its some kind of line similar to Studio series where they try to do transforming G1 cartoon looking figures, but then again Takara might do the premium finish look or a cell shaded verison of the mold, of course, there always the option of reissue, only time will tell.

As for minions, I want the rest of Blaster's team done but not in clear plastic

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Honestly, I’d much rather have the Kingdom Core Soundwave in Marvel colors. The Netflix one is nice, and has the option for transforming cassettes, but the Core figures are affordable, compact, and easy to transform. And they scale well with standard Gobots, which is a huge plus, as it is far more likely I will have the cast of G1 TFs in Core/Legends scale before I get the cast of Gobots in Deluxe.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
In this day and age of molds getting straight-up reissued to pad out subsequent lines (Wheeljack, Arcee), in addition to tweaked redecos and also-rereleases in Buzzworthy, it seems like an entirely reasonable ask to hope for a straight rerelease of just Netflix Soundwave as a standalone Voyager (akin to his standalone Siege release). Hopefully that's what that Legacy listing turns out to be (I do not have the product knowledge to guess either way), even if that means the Laserbeak and Ravage will need to be gotten via other means.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I initially thought Hasbro just didn't have faith in a mainline toy with a cassette deck alt-mode in the year 2020, but we got a boombox Blaster, so that can't be it.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I initially thought Hasbro just didn't have faith in a mainline toy with a cassette deck alt-mode in the year 2020, but we got a boombox Blaster, so that can't be it.

Well, that's why they gave Blaster a "line in" port, so that he could work with modern MP3 players or smartphones:

blaster.jpg

Problem solved!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The positive reception and desirability of Netflix Soundwave may be why we got boombox Blaster at mass retail.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I honestly don't really care all that much whether we get the Netflix mold, or a new/modified mold. And if it is the same mold, whether it's a straight repack or redeco. Hell, it can be the Centurion Soundwave tape deck accessory for all I care. I just want a damn WfC Micromaster Buzzsaw already. As long as he's in the box, I'll be buying it.

Top Bottom