Neil Gaiman's The Sandman

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
IMG_20220806_095506.jpg

I wonder if people went looking for Spider-Man in the show? Haha

I'm only up to ep 5 so far, before the dreaded diner comic.

It's been good so far. So many gender swaps and race changes. Aren't there any Asians tho?

Also I'd have been happier if they picked a different voice for Matthew.

Edit - I'm at ep 6 and, yeah, there's an Asian side character.

I wonder how the impact of the diner scene is to people who didn't read the comic. It frightened me when I first read it but it might be so so by today's standards now.

Last edited:

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
A few ep in, maybe 3. The aspect ratio distortion is super annoying and distracting, so far it's at its worst in episode one, but whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired.

Not real familiar with the series so the only character swap I noticed was Joana.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Well, the librarian used to be Lucien, now he's been renamed Lucienne.

Don't want to mention the rest in case you're not at that episode yet.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
It's hardly a secret, but the casting of Lucifer did cause a lot of "wut?"s to be uttered, as they'd just had a Gaiman -penned Lucifer in the Fox/Netflix series of the same name, so why not reuse that actor?

Gaiman agreed that the prior actor was awesome, but the Fox show had gone in its own direction for 5 seasons, so going back to the original Vertigo/Endless stories required a fresh take.

Fair enough, I guess, I'm not going to presume that I know better than him re: his stories. Let him tell it as he will and I'll decide if it's for me.

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
Sandman seemed to suffer from Netflix Syndrome. Everyone's talking about it for a week and then the news is all but dead. If Sandman could have been released weekly it might have drawn the viewership it needed to get a S2 by the end of the run - and with the surprise release of the bonus episode. As it was the release mainly felt like an entertainment speed bump instead of something that could have been much meatier.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
That's a good point. Yeah, I was wondering why there weren't more people discussing it after.

I made some pics about it, like the TMNT crossover (haha) and info on the Superman Static Shock show seen in the background.

Top Bottom