My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
So never actually got to play the first game. Let alone this new one. So my plan for my day off tomorrow is:
20240522_113847.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Honestly, as dull as these games are, that sounds like a fun day. These are definitely 'unwind on a much needed day off' games.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Okay time for Maretime adventure!

Sunny: How'd you get in there Shimmerwing?

Me: Who the what now? Okay so this is just a thing in this game.

Am I going to find out who this pony hiding in a box is? *later* Ah okay Primrose. Aw she has a crush on Hitch. Too bad we never hear from you again.

Okay another trading game. Apple and pear for a fruit salad. And a giant pumpkin? For a fruit salad? Ew.

Also there is a pinata on his booth I can NOT jump to. I'm going to have to guess I get a glide ability or something.

Or I jump across the giant pumpkin I just made. Okay then.

Gotta herd these bunnies! Beat top score!

Hey I got her alicorn costume from when she was a filly!

Kinda wish they'd have extra dialogue for that. (Yes I know that'd be asking too much)

Sprout: I need you to investigate.... also why are you wearing that?

Sunny: Hmm Sprout seems to be hiding something.

Sprout: Uh Sunny, I'm literally standing RIGHT HERE.

I'd be surprised that Izzy was there for talking to Pipp about her defacing the billboard only to vanish as soon as the convo was over but it IS Izzy...

How'd you take the floaty off like that? It phased through your body. AHHH GHOST! GHOST!

The crowd sounds so excited. Flate tone: Let's bring magic back.

Kinda surprised it didn't make me actually use the rollerblades to jump the gate manually.

Okay these bunnies are very difficult to actually dodge, and this game is not hard.

Zipp why are you dancing in the credits? I thought you went "No no no"

And I missed a few magic bits at the Crystal Lighthouse. Okay got them. Pretty sure that's basically it. I see I can race Sprout again if I wanted but no thanks.

Yeah, no wonder people dismissed this game. That took me like barely an hour. At least it was amusing to see these characters in a video game. Man I wish we got G4 games like this.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can't criticize it too hard in good conscience, because Lego Island takes about as long and I absolutely did not complain at the time.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
So didn't get to play as much as the sequel as I wanted, but I can already tell they did a lot more work on this one. I know I heard it was 'longer' but they actually gave Sunny that glide ability I thought she'd get in the first game. It's neat that Hitch has his own abilities. I'm already seeing things I can do that require the other ponies when I find them.

There are even special collectibles hidden on the maps. Of course the best part so far is just having a new story to experience. One that isn't half-baked like the one in the first game.

I am doing the same sorta list of thoughts thing I did for the first game, though we'll see if I'll post it. Given this game is supposed to be a lot bigger and longer, I'm not sure if my ramblings there might just end up too much to bother posting.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Okay! Zephyr Heights Mystery! Let's Go!
Oo save files...
Okay so Shimmerwing is manually triggered now. Kinda like that, lets me control some of the challenge. (Though I doubt there will be much)
Oh hey, I got that glide ability I thought I'd get last game. Also how is the balloon able to wait for me, then blow away the moment I get there? Also I'm assuming this is the letter Misty sent us. Why? Can't she just call us on our phone?
Hey you're wearing skates!

Uh no I'm not. So this is a two player game huh? Yeah doubt I'd get anyone to play with me.
WHY IS YOUR HAMMER IN A TREE!?

Izzy!

“These aren’t mine” Then who’s are they?

I like the giggle Izzy makes when you complete something.

Also the pause music is oddly alluring.

“Your sister says hi” How do you know that’s her sister!? She didn’t show you a pic or anything.

Give me a sec. Hat done! Damn you’re fast.

“Can you give it to my friend?” Sunny: sure! Pfft free hat. (Also again we don’t know what your friend LOOKS like. How do we do this!?)

Posters into food…. Okay and we can fix that somehow.

Wow this dance mini game SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. It’s so slow.

I think I’m back in Maretime bay because of a pumpkin?

More bunny herding. Yay.
Okay I call bull. Pipp went somewhere WITHOUT her phone? (Also didn’t she also go to Zephyr heights with you?)

So a bottle re-spawned on the side of a building, but you can’t actually grab it again…

Why do I need paint to fix a bridge? I don’t care what color it is! (yeah yeah Izzy probably does)

Wait we didn’t even paint it!

Why are the hard hats in these locations in the first place!?

So after getting the scissors for the gardner, I talked to him where you first meet him again and it re-triggered the quest. But since I already did it you couldn’t get the scissors again, but I had the blanked out spot on my hub for them. This mean that since it was trying to do that quest, I couldn’t have Izzy fix up the path forward. I had to exit out and re enter my game. They really needed to do some more bug testing.

Also glade Pipp has the glide ability as well, because it’d be weird if she didn’t.

…what was that about only one photo? I DID take two, then Pipp presents pics and it’s fine? I think there was a mistake programmed here.

And now the worst stealth section ever. At least it’s not that hard.

Zipp! Now we just need Misty!

Didn’t take too many notes but now MISTY!

Misty: I know where he (Sparky) is! Follow me!

Uh…when could she do that? What did she do? Hello? Anyone(pony) going to question this!?

Also I put a scarf on Zipp after the cutscene with her mom because I could.

“Hmm long curly hair? She went that way” (Continues to dust) yeah…thanks dude.

A blue haired pony! Uh but she has red hair now. Also none of you are POINTING IN A DIRECTION.

“Try that trick again Misty”

Misty: Okay I’ll try. Teleports

DAMN IT GAME LET ME PLAY AS MISTY!
Wait how did this turbo lift get in here? It wasn’t here when we first entered. At least I dont’ think so…

YEAH FINALLY!

So empathy magic? I wonder if we’ll ever see that again outside of this game? Where did she learn to do this? That magic book?

Okay let’s fix the guards. Okay last guard free- I’m in Maretime bay again… okay sure. Why not?

Uh, Sunny what about Sparky back in Zephyr Heights? Is this the time to be finding a flower pot?

“You want this T-Shrit” What shirt? You’re naked.

“Compete against me!” …YOU AREN’T MOVING.

Yeah I won, except you didn’t move so it was easy!

Couldn’t program the flower actually being there in her stall eh?

Getting the key to a door. Wow these people didn’t try at ALL on delivering their lines.

“I’m a daisy. Water me!” Okay some of the dialogue has me laughing.

So had a weird glitch here. Couldn’t figure out where to go or what to do and Shimmerwing kept going to a pumpkin, but going near that pumpkin did nothing. I had to basically exit out the area and even game for a couple of times till the game finally had an exclamation point appear above a pony that had me do a race, then FINALLY the pumpkin had an exit portal on it.

Izzy: I don’t think she recognizes you Pipp.

That right there, those little character things are what I’m playing this for.

Okay what? Two ponies asking if they’ve seen their boss a V.I.P. (Very important PONY) and say HE was just there.

You find a mare confused by the magic. Help her, and then they are gone. How did these two events connect? Was she their boss? Why call her a he? No idea what happened here.

Sunny: An ingredient for the smoothie!

Of course, why wouldn’t they just be randomly FLOATING around?

And game beat. Sadly this might be it for this. I actually WANT to do the side quest stuff and 100% the game, but because of how buggy it seems to be. I honestly can't seem to get them to trigger. So I can't complete these things, because they just aren't available to me. I might look up if there are any guides/ tips on getting it to happen, but yeah.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I haven't seen anyone else experiencing these bugs. I wonder if it's just a PS5 thing.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Okay, I was wondering why the tread for a game I finished in one sitting a morning after work a year ago got a bump:

A sequel/Follow-up was announced, AND RELEASED?!!!

A FEW WEEKS AGO?!!!

It looks like this got the same amount of physical copies across the PlayStation and XBox consoles as the last game: Not very much as no Stop4Games stores within 100 miles have them in stock. At least I can target another store I order online from.

And I never shared this when I finished "Maretime Bay", so....

meme-gratness.jpg

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
These games don't get a lot of marketing. I can't say it's unfair. They're very modest games. But they have their charm.

Top Bottom