Murder remains legal for white boys

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
I mean there was never really any doubt to what the result was going to be. The only thing they were ever going to get him on were the weapon charges and once those were dropped it would have been surprising to see a guilty verdict on anything left. Reports on the trial made it clear the Prosecution were struggling. Lots of chatter about the judge being biased but even without that bias the prosecution.. just really didn't prove their case. With 27 hours of deliberations it seems like the Jury probably didnt WANT to find him not guilty, but ultimately concluded that they must.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not looking forward to the surge the dumbass right wing is going to get out of this. He probably will wind up in Washington as one of Gaetz's interns. God help us all.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
I mean there was never really any doubt to what the result was going to be. The only thing they were ever going to get him on were the weapon charges and once those were dropped it would have been surprising to see a guilty verdict on anything left. Reports on the trial made it clear the Prosecution were struggling. Lots of chatter about the judge being biased but even without that bias the prosecution.. just really didn't prove their case. With 27 hours of deliberations it seems like the Jury probably didnt WANT to find him not guilty, but ultimately concluded that they must.

The judge went on a rant about how he doesn't understand pinch and zoom, made racist jokes, read magazines during the trial and had Trumps campaign song on his phone. The prosecution couldn't even call the victims... victims.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
There is stuff form the trial though that I really wish would have come out sooner... apparently he had been there for days, was called in by family to protect a store, AND one of the people in that fight not only had been stalking him but threatened to kill him when he was alone BEFORE the confrontation... and the footage showed he aimed a pistol at the guy first?

Instead, all we heard was that he was a chaos tourist, with the implication he had driven over that day on a manhunt with no other motivations. And it didn't help that he acted like it afterwards...

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This was the prosecution's star witness.

The whole trial pretty much went like that.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Honestly, once I heard the prosecutor pulled out the "video game" argument, you know they'd picked a crappy prosecuter for it. And I still don't get how the curfew charge was thrown out for lack of evidence when they had all the timestamps on the video right there in front of them...

As for the firearm charge, apparently it came down to the barrel was just long enough that it didn't fall under the law they were using for that charge, and since it was legally registered to an adult it was legal? Kind of feels like a loophole that should be closed.

100% agreed though the wrong people are going to take the wrong lessons from this... at least things up until now have been calmer than last year so there's fewer targets for would-be "Punisher"s.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
The judge went on a rant about how he doesn't understand pinch and zoom, made racist jokes, read magazines during the trial and had Trumps campaign song on his phone. The prosecution couldn't even call the victims... victims.

Apparently the victims thing is a long standing rule of the judges based upon the logic that the purpose of a trial is to determine if someone is a victim or not. The other stuff is questionable. None of it really ends up being consequential in comparison to how bad a job the prosecution did. At times one had to wonder if they weren't just throwing the case on purpose

This was the prosecution's star witness.

Yeah that was not the best moment for the prosecution. Another highlight was them trying to link playing COD to the shooting as well.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I really hate to say this,, but I will.. If he were anything but white,they'd have asked for the death penalty and/or he'd be spending life in prison.
Don't hate to tell the truth.

When they went into deliberations, I had a simple thought: If he's acquitted, then rittenhouse is a hero to the right. If he's charged: then he's a martyr. No matter what happens here: the right would do literally nothing but use his name as a rallying cry to call for further violence.

It was an open farce, and I desperately hope the victims lawyer can find enough cause to get a higher court to declare a mistrial.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's always going to be a cloud hanging over this one. The judge was absolutely 100% in Kyle's corner. I think this is without argument. It wasn't subtle. We'll never know what the outcome would have been with a different judge.

But the prosecution was a complete shitshow from start to finish. I'm sure it was hard to make this case after the judge tossed arguably their best evidence, but they still made things worse for themselves at every turn. Even with a neutral judge they might have managed to blow this on their own. They didn't make their case.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
There is stuff form the trial though that I really wish would have come out sooner... apparently he had been there for days, was called in by family to protect a store, AND one of the people in that fight not only had been stalking him but threatened to kill him when he was alone BEFORE the confrontation... and the footage showed he aimed a pistol at the guy first?

Instead, all we heard was that he was a chaos tourist, with the implication he had driven over that day on a manhunt with no other motivations. And it didn't help that he acted like it afterwards...
Except the owners of the car lot said they did not invite him.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
And a clear message has been sent: White people, go out and murder all the black people you want; it's open season.

They'd better demand a mistrial.

EDIT: Wait, I've just been informed that Rittenhouse's victims were not black, which... does make this more complicated than usual. (Though apparently it's a common misconception.) Like, white people do get convicted of murdering other white people all the time; it's no freaking wonder it took a biased judge and incompetent prosecutors to botch this. But maybe that mistrial will be easier to get, at least.

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Thank you for clarifying on that bit.. I admit I hadn't been following too closely so hadn't heard that that bit had been rebutted. Which argues more strongly for the "reckless endangerment" in that he intentionally put himself in that position that night.

Also some fun meta-cause via the police forcing things:

Top Bottom