Mental Health and Suicide

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yesterday was the 1 year mark. I think I'm holding up as well as anyone reasonably could.

On a happy note, neighbors brought me food again tonight. ^_^ This neighborhood is full of people who know what happened here. I haven't been alone.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This week I finally got one of my dad's banks to cough up the money.

What, did you think any of this was resolved? No. I'm still running around dealing with lawyers and banks and accountants and the IRS trying to get anything done. The whole estate fell on my shoulders, and it's been a nightmare for over a year now.

But I'm winning.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This would be a lot harder without them. I don't have any family that lives around here anymore. I could be all alone right now. But I'm not.

Get to know your neighborhood. Community still matters.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Today was supposed to be a major hearing and I have zero information on how it went, or if it even happened. I am so sick of this.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It was a long day. Not the longest day of my life, but it's in the top ten.

It wasn't related to my dad's estate. I've been dealing with other legal problems. I'll talk about it someday but I don't know if I'm ready yet.

It doesn't matter though. I won.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
A long time ago: I had to teach myself the difference between a long day, and a bad day. Just because it was a hard day (long hours, miserable conditions, hard work, ect.) doesn't mean it was a bad day.

You won, so it's a good day.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And the AC immediately breaks on a Friday.

Could the lizards running this simulation please lower the difficulty setting? I'm handling it, but this is uncalled for.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, chemical dependence is a thing. Your body adapts to function in the presence of something, and forgets how to function without it if you quit cold turkey.

Does this include stress? I'm tired of stress. I don't want any more stress. But whenever I get a heavy load of work done and I think I might be able to relax for a bit, I feel a crash instead. It doesn't feel like proper relaxation. It is an unpleasant crash. Brain fogs up. Clock slows down. I start itching to find something to do next, but get too foggy to pick something.

Top Bottom