Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Dumb decision to sell the trailer alone aside, this looks pretty good. It even has the weirdass grill face from the comics, a decent base mode and some semblance of trailer space. Terrifying-looking ab crunch though.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
Aside from the odd choice of using screws and pins to lock transformation stuff (which might end up a problem down the road, IDK), I don't see what's particularly bad about it. Lots of accordion panel folding or maybe the head panel I guess? Not great but it's not horrible.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Some of the accordion panel folding makes sense. I like how it turns hollow trailer space into solid legs. But everything from the knees and above is just insane.

unluckiness

Citizen
To be fair, anything 3D printed bigger than a couple centimeters turns out shit.

Also, PMOP may have the most low-effort character model ever. They couldn't even get the left to match the right.

Some of the accordion panel folding makes sense. I like how it turns hollow trailer space into solid legs. But everything from the knees and above is just insane.
It looks like it may be smoother if you don't go base mode.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
Super-7-Ultimates-Transformers-Bludgeon-08.jpeg

unluckiness

Citizen
The best part is the Looney Tunes-esque limp tank cannon.

But seriously, there had to be better ways to attach a helmet. Hell, just sculpt it on, nobody wants a bald Bludgeon.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Given how rough Banzai-Tron's shoulders were, I fear for how dire these are, as well as those hips, as that skirt does not look accomodating in the least.

unluckiness

Citizen
The stock photos show there's some movement there but this is probably as far as they go.
af0ca71c-5d9e-4222-b212-883d598c058e.jpg

The arms look somewhat restricted too. This render doesn't really show how the shoulder armor attaches but the sample makes it look as though they're pinned to the torso and just move up and down. Given how large they are, they'll probably restrict arm movement somewhat which is pretty bad considering the original shell managed to do that.

unluckiness

Citizen
It’s pretty much the only design choice of note with this thing. It’s otherwise a generic anime girl figurine in cosplay and in a scale that's not popular among the anime figurine crowd.

This company’s all over the place it seems. Out of this lineup, just the datsuns have been released, and IIRC, only G1 Prowl.
IF 2022.png

Also, that's cute, Skywarp and Thundercracker have different animal ears.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
From the jet mode, I'm guessing it's a third party Silverbolt. And a Concorde doesn't really leave a lot of room to gracefully deal with kibble, so it's yet another jet that only really looks good from above.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I mean 'jet mode with the robot stowed underneath and barely any attempt at actually integrating the two modes' is pretty much the norm for 99% of Jetformers, let's be honest.

Top Bottom