Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I don’t buy MP stuff but from what I can tell, they’re rather inconsistent. They have great releases, horrendous ones and everything in between.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
Squeaky joints are a common thing in 3P land. Nearly everything I’ve bought has it. The companies probably don’t optimize tolerances and just make everything on the tight side to save time testing.

unluckiness

Citizen
008qsymPgy1hgabfj0a3bj34802tc7wn.jpg
008qsymPgy1hgif8iawuij31900u0458.jpg
008qsymPgy1hgif8k2tjej30ow0zkq8w.jpg

This thing has my interest. It's jam-packed with features, looks great and if the listed price is to be believed, relatively affordable. It's a tad short for titans but eh, at some point, scale just doesn't matter.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Design looks good. I would like a smaller one though. I want mini citybots and nobody is making them.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I want at least Fort Max and Scorponok at Leader or Commander scale. I grew up mostly on the Marvel comics where they were just big dudes, not colossal towering cities.

unluckiness

Citizen
Design looks good. I would like a smaller one though. I want mini citybots and nobody is making them.
There was that company making chibi citybots with optional kits to de-chibify them. That company making cubeformers also teased one to go with their trypticon.
723B406A-04D2-4E3E-A0BD-8DDD9A97F4A0.jpeg

That said, at 18 inches, this new one is about as small as I’d expect a Metroplex to get since it's designed for legends class toys already.
I want at least Fort Max and Scorponok at Leader or Commander scale. I grew up mostly on the Marvel comics where they were just big dudes, not colossal towering cities.
I could get into this but only if they give Fortmax an actual altmode rather than a city for ants or the usual crappy spaceship mode.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
IDW1 Max being a hulking tank was a pretty fitting alt mode. A guy named Fortress Maximus should look like a mobile fortress.

Of course, he only briefly transformed for part of one panel, just to get momentum to immediately transform back and slug Overlord, but that was late IDW1 for ya.

unluckiness

Citizen
I didn't realize that the non-Earth IDW characters even had alt-modes. You could tell me all they served at Swerve's was Nucleon and I'd believe you.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
seeing this new metro has finally taken away the jitters I've had since I saw the maketoys one... all those years ago. I might start a jar for this one... save my nickles and dimes

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I liked the spectacle of the Maketoys transformation. That thing was made for stop motion, and then nobody bothered.

unluckiness

Citizen
Probably because the transformation is terrible. Seriously, Look at this crap.
At 9:50 and 12:00 Dude has to do a bunch of steps in a very specific order, including moving stuff only partway, flipping a panel then undoing the first step, moving another panel, then moving the first part all the way. Then he has to do it all over again, for a single transformation between the carrier and city modes where the chest looks nearly identical except for the heliport. That would be bad enough doing it normally, let alone for however many frames behind a camera setup for a pretty big toy.

When I handled one, the shins also needed some plastic flexing to transform. I like how it hides the head and how the carrier mode has a cockpit but that's about it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom