Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
NOW5Qqk.jpg

lcsIwuA.jpg

Driller hand is a neat option.
8BKANcm.jpg

That sure is Energon Optimus, but to be fair, nothing but a complete overhaul could save the base robot.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Cranking down the torso bloat and thunder thighs did wonders, as did giving him actual feet and making a more collapsed backpack out of the back portion of the truck.

unluckiness

Citizen
Doing more would make it not energon Optimus any more but kinda wish they'd found a way to collapse the torso in base robot mode, maybe beef up the shins and feet.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
It does look good. I wish they made a good looking Armada Prime to go with it.
I mean, their Armada Prime doesn’t look terrible. It’s the breaking in two at the waist and the plastic chain chest bullshit that sink it

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I finally completed my retro Headmaster Autobot set! Had to spend extra to get Highbrow from BBTS, but the $32 was better than the going rate from everyone else. Heck, if I had known they had sets of waves 1 and 2 for about $30 each, I might have just got them all.

unluckiness

Citizen
I would have loved to get the decepticon headmaster rereleases but unfortunately, all of them have inherent issues with the plastic or construction.

I prefer the TR autobot headmasters, if only for the headsculpts. THere's some weird shit going on with the decepticon headmaster faces so I would prefer the Japanese release faces. Thankfully, a 3rd party made replicas of the Talara release faces and sold them at a reasonable price

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
t9fmiNFh.jpg

NDXTt2Xh.jpg

Oyi9peqh.jpg

a2q1w32h.jpg

8hkf6Eqh.jpg

THis set's scrapper is the most solid of the bunch, with only the oddly claw-like fingers being off. And for such a chunky boi with a lot of back kibble, he is pretty posable. He's probably the objectively best of the set but I kinda like the quirky design of this set's scavenger

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
TKRJH7R.jpg

So I picked up the Flame Toys Windblade kit. Siege Ironhide included for scale.

Pros:
-Very articulated with strong joints.
-Two swords. I like swords.
-Plenty of pre-painted parts. The only stickers I used are the gold circles on the hover fans, everything else is plastic or painted on the runners. The eyes, in particular, are a clear part with a layer of clear blue on the outside and metallic silver on the inside, so they catch the light very well. I did fill in the lines on the head dress with a brown Gundam panel liner marker, though.
-Articulated butt. Just noting it because it made me laugh.

Cons:
-The stickers suck. They're a colored layer over a silver layer, and they separate way too easily. Which is why I didn't use anything but the gold circles.
-Her tiny feet, combined with the top-heaviness of the wings, make her very difficult to balance. Which leads into my third problem....
-No base adapter of any kind. Maybe I'm spoiled by other kits, but usually they have a 3mm peg hole or some kind of attachment for plugging securely into a stand. None of the three Transformers kits I've bought have this, and while the other two (IDW Optimus and Autobot Megatron) have big chunky feet, Windblade does not.
-A lot of small parts keep popping off whenever I try to move anything. The bicep covers and kneecaps are especially bad about it. Might have to break out the glue.
-Some of the joints are so tightly fit together that it's kind of worrying trying to jam them together. The neck and the mid-torso ball joint especially.
-Her hands don't hold her swords very well. Rounded pegs in square holes.

unluckiness

Citizen
I would be so into Flame toys if they weren’t so arbitrarily huge. Reminds me of the Squeenix action figures that are just giant figmas/figuarts at a weird scale that fits into neither the 1/6 or 1/12 scales

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If I ever wanted something from Flame Toys, I would probably forget about it by the time they released it.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
I've never been interested in their figures, but the model kits seem like fun and the prices are reasonable. I just never quite seem to actually end up getting any of them. I even had a custom idea planned for this one.

Top Bottom