Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Sharkshadow

Citizen
i love SS Gnaw. ive gotten 3 studio series figures so far and hes been the only one i feel was worth the price.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Who were the other two?
GUEpjywh.jpg

unluckiness

Citizen
The BB Seeker mold looks so mediocre but I like Armada Thrust's colors so I was waiting for a sale. Soundwave as the Batplane was a cool idea but the execution was a bit suspect.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I want SS Arcee (the Bumblebee movie one) because we're finally getting a fuckin G1-ish Arcee that doesn't have a goddamn huge backpack because Hastak needs to make her turn into the car she literally cannot turn into because her design was never meant to be a toy.

unluckiness

Citizen
She looks stellar aside from the bumblebee movie face. I dunno if it’s the greeble or whatever but their faces just look weird

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
They tried to go for a cross between the G1 faces and the movie greebles, but it kinda makes it look like she has a beard.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I feel the main problem is they just sculpted the lines around her mouth too deep, for lack of a better term, because while she does have those greebles in her movie appearance, they're more subtle than they are on her toy.

unluckiness

Citizen
Mechanical detailing, like stuff that implies moving parts, radiators, wires etc on the endoskeletal parts are fine by me but the Bee movie designs not only have that going on, they also have added carved purely aesthetic lines and details on the external armor parts. It's way too busy. I think the WFC games had about the right balance, just tone the tron lights down a bit. Also, the Bee movie designs tend to have thunder thighs
I feel the main problem is they just sculpted the lines around her mouth too deep, for lack of a better term, because while she does have those greebles in her movie appearance, they're more subtle than they are on her toy.
She has a ventriloquist dummy mouth basically.

Last edited:

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
the WFC game designs all were stupidly bulky to cash in on gears of war, though. at least the bee movie designs have distinct silhouettes.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's surprising. They made some sensible changes instead of their usual nonsense.

But you never know. We may find out that some parts are connected by chains again. I like what I see right now but I don't trust it.

unluckiness

Citizen
Energon Optimus and this toy in particular from the looks of it barely transforms between modes. They'd have to be intentionally trying to mess things up if that happens. I mean it even ha the hugged up bit where the windows meet the grill.
2MbG1vD.jpg

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
It's funny... with how toy-accurate that era already mostly was, there's not much for 3rd parties to do beyond clone it or "UT with knees"

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Now it's ankle tilts and wrist swivels and better-proportioned/articulated combinations rather than knees.

I'm pretty tempted by this, even as much as I go to bat for Energon Prime, I can't deny the appeal of one with a much less bloated look.

Top Bottom