Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
So I didn't get to go to that toy store before someone bought Toxitron (I'm not bothered, it was a 'maybe I'll grab if if they got him still' thing) but I did end up grabbing Commander Armada Optimus Prime, Legacy Hot Shot, Classics Bumblebee, and RID01 Scourge.

Armada Prime was brand-new and the others were all loose but complete except for Scourge, who's just missing two of his shooty discs.

I had to go back to the store though because the accessories for him were in a separate bag and it was behind another figure on the shelf so I didn't notice it until I got home. Called them to ask 'Hey were there supposed to be accessories that I didn't get, cuz the receipt said 'near-complete' and I just got the truck and trailer here' and yup, there were.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
i wonder if Scourge’s waist holds up better than Laser Prime. Wasn’t that one of the toys where the rubber band waist eventually decays?

The Sideswipe mold also doesn't have any Minicon ports and yet that didn't stop Hasbro from giving SG Sideswipe his Minicon.
i assume that was because they retooled the Earthrise Lambo mold and had some leeway on the new molding. That said, yeah, if they really wanted to, they could reverse the usual minicon peg/port system but it’d be strange that the toys in the same line aren’t consistent with it.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Yeah the only rubber on the mold is the hose for the air missile.

The hose on mine is a bit sticky now thanks to rubber reversion but isn't decaying and still works fine.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The four Laser Rods all have the GI Joe-style rubber bands and thin metal hips. They all break in half over time.

Electro's also mostly gold plastic, so he gets to race himself to see how he'll self-destruct first.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
i assume that was because they retooled the Earthrise Lambo mold and had some leeway on the new molding. That said, yeah, if they really wanted to, they could reverse the usual minicon peg/port system but it’d be strange that the toys in the same line aren’t consistent with it.
A couple days late but yeah that is what they did for that mold. Only things they changed on the SG Sideswipe mold vs the Earthrise Lambo mold was the new hood, head, and doors. So his Minicon just does a reverse thing from the way the OGs worked and has a peg that flips out to plug onto the port on the roof.

And considering that Armada Optimus in Super Mode has a couple of 5mm ports on his shoulders, in the exact same position where the OG toy had Minicon pegs...

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Yeah but to be fair everyone has ports in the same approximate areas. I just find it weird if they’d do minicons with pegs then make HotShot and Jolt with the old minicon system.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
they should do a 2 pack and give him both Sparkplug and the one from bendyprime that was also a gun and should have been the one called leader-1 lol

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
They were doomed from the start. The fact that absolute bottom of the barrel Z-list characters with weapon modes that were just tiny cars and trucks stuck together lasted two toylines was amazing enough. If they’d either integrated into the other size classes better or did their own thing like Core, they’d probably have done better.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
picked up the troop builder box at tru yesterday. Seeker isn't purple enough, but I found a shot from g1 where there was a cyan one and this light blue one along with the lavender one so I guess this guy's okay... plastic on the whole set feels weaker than the stuff used in these molds previously... which is weird in skullgrin's case because he felt soft already... Autotrooper's seige flaps on his legs are the weakest nubbed set of these I've ever held... barely any nub there to be fair.

still feels more like a deal getting 3 deluxes and a voyager for 135 than the Cheetor/nightbird/wheeljack pack did at 15 for 3 tiny deluxes. maybe we're getting a mold reuse discount on seeker and autotrooper lol

Alligatacon General or whatever was the best of the bunch, and I'm storing the extra head in his beastmode mouth as a dominance play over the three regular guys on my shelf XD

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
also...did the earthrise seeker mold's wings always flap at a point in the middle? he's boxed with these flaps bent down in jet mode and either this is a new molded thing to get him in the box easier or I never noticed it before...

..I just had a thought, this was likely a thing they changed for the '86 movie starscream... there we are, now you're brain'n Destron. good job buddy

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, they always did that. It's so they don't interfere with the arm articulation as much. It's not super well executed but it's a huge improvement over the Classics wings.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
69742bc8gy1hii84xqxwbj23402c0kjl.jpg

Top Bottom