Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Well I do wanna try and go there but they're only open from Thursday to Sunday as far as the physical store goes.

(The figure is actually loose but complete, which is why it's less than MSRP but I mean hey I ain't gonna complain. That's just less stuff to throw out)

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Toxitron has nice colors. If Scourge hadn’t come out first or the mold was better overall, might have picked one up.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Toxitron isn't terrible, but he feels symptomatic of the loss in plastic content over the past few years. Even with the comically small trailer, he's tiny for the price point. Even compared to recent releases like the Studio Series Dinobots.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I mean I already own the regular Laser Optimus version of the mold, so I'm pretty aware of the size of the mold.

Mind you I got him for $20 thanks to a price error at Macy's, so I didn't pay the full...what are leaders now? $55, I think?

Obviously $20 was a fantastic price for him considering that made him cheaper than a Deluxe (I still cannot except that Deluxes are $24.99 now) and I feel even at $35, it's still a good price for the mold. I mean Voyagers are $35 nowadays and he's literally a Voyager with a trailer.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The most expensive Transformer they have at that shop (that isn't like some sealed and graded thing) is a G1 Twintwist for $150.

Which sounds ridiculous cuz you can get both Jumpstarters for like $15, literally 1/10th the price, but this one is...well it's not mint in sealed box since the pics literally show the box having been opened so they could take photos of the contents but it is completely unused. (Still think the price is kind of wild but I mean I don't really care about the Jumpstarters so it's not like this is a figure where I'd go 'Yeah I can see paying $150 for a vintage unused toy from the 1980s' anyways)

Was $5.99 at Sears back in the 1980s though, according to the price sticker on the box.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Laser Prime's trailer was pretty lame. I don't care too much since it does complete the altmode but the tower that barely reaches his chest with a piddly gun and no other features was really lacking. Think I'd have preferred to keep him Voyager and save the difference.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think the trailer looks great. Maybe that's because I haven't spent money on it. Maybe it's because the Earthrise trailer was so embarrassingly dire. Probably both.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I ain't gonna say that Laser Prime's trailer is amazing or anything, but the fact that it at least does slightly more than just 'opens up' to transform into a battle station is a plus in my book lol.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
it took them ten years, but they finally made a new mold windblade that both looks good and isn't a floppy mess. previously you had to pick one or tge other with deluxe/warrior windblades

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Beast Wars Grandus looks great. Weird that Takara released it through some other company.
reduced-image_23755_3_1695313240.png

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
How's that working out? I'd think being relatively tall and hollow with a non-flat surface would make him less than ideal, though I haven't seen mine since like high school.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I remember my parents getting me one for Christmas. After the original ultrazord, I was hyper for it. My dad put the thing together according to the instructions and I thought he was joking because no way could the Thunder Ultrazord be so dumb. Eventually the episodes aired and confirmed that it was indeed exactly that dumb.

Tor is the Ikea combination shelf-cabinet of megazords.

Top Bottom