Magic the Gathering

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I might grab a bundle pack later since it's got one no matter what. Considering the Bundles have set boosters too, it's possible I could get another besides that. Kinda wish I had more Dinobots to collect to go with Hascon Grimlock.

Autobubbs

Citizen
The Shattered Glass versions are exclusive to the Collector Boosters, which are for the big spenders... 😒 (About $25 a pack)

I plan on getting a box of Set Boosters next weekend.

I know. I've nabbed a couple boxes, and a few of the packs. Actually nabbed a Phyrexian Script Sheoldred at my last con... with help from a pinkie pie cosplayer.

Autobubbs

Citizen
Okay, now I want to hear that story.

Well, this was the first con I attended since 2019. Spent most of that friday walking around and taking pictures of Cosplayers... the first few being of Harley Quinn and Pinkie Pie. There was really not that much in the dealer room... so I eventually made it back to the Game room to buy more magic. Didn't have my 3rd Dominaria Box, but as it was a con I decided to splurge and grab a collector booster. Now wasn't feeling lucky myself, so I look around and there's those two cosplays from before, looking over game stuff. I just asked her to pick for me. Naturally I opened the collector booster first and found myself the proud owner of a Sheoldred variant. I did collect my stuff and run out to find and thank Pinkie for it. :)

Patch

Citizen
Nice. Sheoldred's really turned into a money card, too. I've bought booster boxes of Kaldheim, Neon Dynasty, New Capenna, and Dominaria United, but haven't gotten a Praetor yet. Maybe Gix in Brother's War will be the one for me?

Autobubbs

Citizen
Nice. Sheoldred's really turned into a money card, too. I've bought booster boxes of Kaldheim, Neon Dynasty, New Capenna, and Dominaria United, but haven't gotten a Praetor yet. Maybe Gix in Brother's War will be the one for me?
I think Sheoldred is the only one I pulled for my first copy. Other times I either traded or bought them.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I trade I got

Prime
Ultra Mag(Foiled)
Prowl(Foiled)
Arcee
Jetfire
Goldbug

Megatron
Slicer(foiled)

Bringing my total to 10 just 5 more to collect

Patch

Citizen
Cracked my box of set boosters. 6 TF cards: Jetfire, Starscream, Arcee, Blaster, Flamewar, and a foil Ultra Magnus. Also got Ravage and Laserbeak tokens.

No Gix either. The top pull in the box was a retro frame Mox Amber.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I wanna work the TF cards into some kinda deck on there own but at the moment I dont have a clue what

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Cracked my box of set boosters. 6 TF cards: Jetfire, Starscream, Arcee, Blaster, Flamewar, and a foil Ultra Magnus. Also got Ravage and Laserbeak tokens.

No Gix either. The top pull in the box was a retro frame Mox Amber.
Like WTF Wizards?! Did all my TF cards make it into Patches box? 🤣

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Got he hyper expensive Ravage Token so I have both tokens for Soundwave

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I have 12 of the 15 now just need Cyclonus Starscream and Flamewar
The Autobots are complet

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I Ebayed the set of them. They really aren't going for too high a price unlike the Hascon exclusive Grimlock a few years back. But that's expected when they are much easier to get. Well as long as you aren't hunting for the Shattered Glass variants. Now to make a commander deck for Optimus! I'm just sad Him and Magnus can't share the same Commander deck with each other in charge.

I want to grab the Secret Lair cards.... but I'm not too into ones that are just rehashes of existing cards like the Optimus vs Megatron set. I know I have an original Darksteel Colossus somewhere. That and they still have the Golem subtype rather than robot so they don't have synergy with the other Transformer cards. That and the Cybertron Lands aren't the best looking and definitely aren't worth 30 bucks for just one of each.

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Read Through the Story for Phyrexia: All will be One..... The Multiverse is Fuuuuudged. Only I didn't say Fudged.

Stupid Joke aside, New Phyrexia was ready for the Gatewatches teams and only a handful look to survive.
Current known standings.
So of the team I can rattle off the top of my head
Jace - Phyrexian Zombie
Vraska - Phyrexian Convert
Nahiri - Phyrexian Zombie
Lukka - Phyrexian Convert
Nissa - Phyrexian Convert? Not so sure yet. She was infected out of story view
Elspeth - Planeswalks the Sylex away before it possibly destroys the Multiverse with the already active World breaker tree
Tyvar, Kaito, Kaya - Looking down the face of Elesh Norn as the Phyrexians invade the Multiverse
Karn - partly Dissasembled in the middle of the Worldbreaker Tree
Koth.... Setting charges to do as much damage as he can and freeing Karn.
Tibalt - Already converted, stabbed in the heart with his tails by Tyvar and they falling to his doom.
Ajani - Already converted in Dominaria United now in full Elesh Norn style, currently knocked out after fighting Elspeth.
Tamiyo - Already converted in Kamigawa Neon Dynasty, with her master Elesh Norn staring down Tyvar, Kaito, and Kaya.
The Wandering Emperor - Flickering back and forth throughout the story.

Not sure where Chandra is at this point. She doesn't seem to be part of the strike team. Same for Liliana. Teferi is probably still trying to get back to the present. March of the Machines is really going to be the Phyrexian Invasion of the Multiverse

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
And the “New” Phyrexian Invasion tour rocks on. But they aren’t just stopping at Dominaria this time. We’re going for the Multiversal Compleation Tour!

March of the Machines is looking crazy. Completed gods, Legendary Paired creatures, the return of Planechase in the commander pre cons.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well the story over all felt a bit meh. They pretty much pulled the "control signal is gone and the invasion went down" trope. Lot's of Questions on who came out unscathed, scarred, or dead. Supposedly at least one Planeswalker's spark ignited. But about that.....

So in the middle of the great Aftermath spoiler leak There were handful of Planeswalker characters on cards. As Legendary Creatures, not Planeswalker cards. While there were a couple expected from the Story like Karn and Nissa, there were a few more that really hadn't featured in the story at all on these cards. There also seemed to be a new card that actively turned all Planeswalkers into a creature with no loyalty abilities and power and toughness equal to the loyalty counters on it. So while we already know of some Planeswalker cards in the upcoming LOTR and Doctor Who spin offs, there might be a demphisis on them in the actual Magic setting.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
On a more positive note, I caved in and got the D&D movie character Secret Lair set. And I love the bonus card they included!
IMG_4078.jpeg

Top Bottom