Citizen
honestly

the main reason i want kamigawa to be made into a d&d splatbook

is because d&d is way overdue for rat people

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So New Cappenna is out….. yay….

I’ve seen some power cards in there but truthfully the M:tG 1920’s mob setting really isn’t my thing. There’s some nice card art but I’m too eager for Dominaria Rising to care much about it.

That said they just put out release plans for The Warhammer 40K commander decks will come in regular and Collector types.

Showed off some Double Masters II. Pretty much just showing off some new foil treatment, and teased that Kozilek, Wrenn and Six and Liliana the last Hope are getting it and a borderless art treatment alongside the regular version.

and then they just Said Dominaria Rising is releasing Sept 9th with the Prerelease over Labor Day weekend. Though they did mention that along side Draft and Set boosters starting with Dominaria Rising Jumpstart boosters will come out alongside sets too! I had fun with the original Jumpstart boosters and it’s an easy way to get a small deck together

Sharkshadow

Citizen
MAgic the mafia-ing has been a pretty fun set to mess around with on arena. i just hate the new ob-nixils, he kinda breaks games.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So we are 2 parts deep into the Dominaria United story online and as predicted it's Phyrexian Invasion 2.0 Corrupted Boogaloo. But it seems like they are being sneakier this time and going full on with sleeper agents. I'm eager to see what cards get revealed but Planeswalkers involved in the story are Karn, Ajani, Jaya, Teferi.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Reviews or reveals. Because the artwork on the collector boosters gave something signifigant away there.

Patch

Citizen
Amazon put up a preorder listing for an art/lore book releasing in December, the preview pages visible on the listing casually mention some major storyline spoilers from Dominaria United.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
The Visual Guide? If that's it they might of gotten wise and pulled those pages. I'm not seeing any pertaining to anything past New Capenna now and they have half the previews duplicated which may have filled in older spoiler slots.

EDIT: Found the formerly posted page and DAMN IT! I'm going to need to find a new favorite planeswalker.

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Yep one character popped up in the story on the website that really had me surprised.

Ertai and Lim Dul were not names I had expected to see again

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
SO the Brother's War Prerelease kicked off today, and I did decent for once. Came in Fifth but that's not important.

Got a Set Booster Box, mainly to try and get those Transformers cards. So one in ten packs is supposed to have a Transformers card. Says it right on the Box. So with 30 packs I felt like I probably have a decent chance to get a couple at least.

30 packs later......

WTF! Where is my Transformers card Wizards?! Not a one. I felt a bit cheated, but you know the odds aren't always there sometimes. Did have some great pull luck on the List reprints and some of the Retro Artifacts. And got the new Teferi Planeswalker so it wasn't too bad. But really wanting one of those Transformer cards it was definitely kind of meh. Luckily they aren't super expensive like the Hascon Grimlock card and I got Optimus and Megatron later from another shop that had them in the mall.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Bought one of the collector boxes with 8 packs, a Transformers card in the box, and one more guaranteed in the packs.

Both Transformers cards were Cyclonus.

Patch

Citizen
The Shattered Glass versions are exclusive to the Collector Boosters, which are for the big spenders... 😒 (About $25 a pack)

I plan on getting a box of Set Boosters next weekend.

Top Bottom