It's the Muppet Thread

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I don't know, I guess it would depend on if Kermit was on off-peak hours with the power company. Gonzo really needed to check the paperwork before this stunt...

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Secret Galaxy has done a history video covering one of the most creative cartoons of the 1980s:

...and why it's never been officially released to legally watch in its entirety on home media.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I actually wonder if streaming is legally considered equivalent to airing reruns for licensing purposes. Because Malcolm in the Middle was famously denied DVD releases due to the music licensing costs, but it was available on Amazon Prime Video back when they still had shows besides their own original programming.

Axaday

Citizen
How did the Muppets take the fall from "The Muppets" to "The Muppets Most Wanted"? Has any scholarship been done on that? Does anybody know?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I don't know, I just assume the takeaway is 'don't set your movie in an aggressive politically unstable country and expect it to work just fine'.

On the other hand, geopolitics is never easy to predict, but that's being worked on...

52560016321_f35b22c4b7_o.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Did people not like Muppets Most Wanted? I thought it was hilarious.

One of its songs was even used in the BotCon 2014 filmfest:

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I still haven't got a chance to see it myself, but a lot complained about the Russian scenes in context of what was happening back then, and now of course it hasn't improved. I know it didn't perform as well as expected.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The reason the original Muppet Babies cartoon will likely never see release on DVD or streaming for the foreseeable future:

He also reveals what Nanny's face was supposed to have looked like, and why she wore the striped socks.

Shadewing

Citizen
So for the first time ever, I watched the Muppet's Christmas Carol this weekend. It was really good and the kids loved it!
Muppet's Christmas Carol is not only one of the best Muppet Movies, but one of the best adaptions of a Christmas Carol as well. Glad you finally got to experience it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So for the first time ever, I watched the Muppet's Christmas Carol this weekend. It was really good and the kids loved it!
Please tell me you watched the uncut version with Belle's song that used to only be found on the original VHS release.

Top Bottom