Hyrule Town Square

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Waiting for me at home when I get off work, though I think I might take a nap first.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I got it early this morning and brought a fantastic little TV to work and played for about 3 hours now its fantastic!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
IMG_2482.jpeg

I may have gotten it.

Caldwin

Citizen
Before:
Of course I'll get it. It's a Zelda game. But I'm not going to expect to much. Breath of the Wild was a masterpiece. Tears of the Kingdom may refine a few things, add some things here and there. But let's not get too caught up in the hype. It's going to be hard pressed to live up to BotW.

After 1 hour of playing:

🤯

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Sad that the Wolf Link Amiibo does not summon a Fuzzy Avatar of my Wii U days to the screen anymore in TotK :(

Ungnome

Citizen
Initial impressions from the early game(I've only gotten to the point of scanning the map for central Hyrule). The puzzle design seems to be a major step up from BoTW and the new mechanics are great, especially once you get the hang of ultrahand. The story, at least early on, seems more engaging as well. There are a lot of little touches too, like being able to kinda steer the zonai wings by walking onto the wings, head or tail while riding it.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I feel that TotK continues to cherry pick the timeline and throws it into a blender with a dab of new stuff that completely skews it from fitting in anywhere specific.

Caldwin

Citizen
My favorite part so far:

Okay, finally on the ground. Well, my first story point seems rather far away. Guess I better get a new horse for this game. I'm sure going to miss my BotW horses. I've had them for so long! 😥

*goes to register new horse*

Oh yeah, we totally pulled a Mass Effect on you and brought all of your BotW horses forward into this game.

😳
🥹
😍

Oh, and that includes Epona AND you can use the amiibo to receive another Epona which you can also register.
🤩😍🥰🤪🥳

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
ooof to much time in Genshin made me forget some Zelda rules like if it rains climbing is a nightmare
Glideing takes far more Stamina in Zelda then Genshin twice now I have pancaked myself on hard Hylean land

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I forgor how big this game is! its takeing me all day today and I still have three more to go to unlock the full map
Currently stuck at the south west one

Most of its filled in now I need a break

Caldwin

Citizen
Went to Hateno just to check up on the old neighborhood. Turns out someone else is living in Link's house. 😥

Ungnome

Citizen
Made it to Rito Village last night. Took longer than it should have because I kept finding caves to poke around in.

Caldwin

Citizen
I really went heavy into getting to the towers last night. Kept getting sucked into shrines along the way. I think I still have 5 towers left. This game really makes you think.

Caldwin

Citizen
Sad that the Wolf Link Amiibo does not summon a Fuzzy Avatar of my Wii U days to the screen anymore in TotK :(

I almost thought the same thing. But honestly, given the Wii U's relatively low install base and the fact that Twilight Princess doesn't exist on Switch, not many people have a way of leveling up the amiibo, making it a bit of a niche function.

Ungnome

Citizen
Thought about doing a tower run, only have the central Hyrule and Tabantha ones activated so far.

Found out that flamethrowers are a great way to deal with Keese swarms >:)

Top Bottom