Humor, Love, Beauty, Music, Fun, Nature: The Best Medicine

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Here’s a prescription for treating those who keeping obsessive-compulsively blaming George Lucas for ruining their childhood:

Possible side effect: Patient may blame Disney for ruining their childhood.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I’d like to recommend this video as therapy for men who are in abusive relationships and the victims of domestic violence:

You are not alone.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
IMG_2004.gif

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I want to be in a love triangle with Adora and Catra. It’s just good medicine for my stress, anxiety, and depression.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Music is the ultimate love language. It has powerful healing and regenerative properties. The greatest musical composers of all time are:

1. Mozart
2, Beethoven
3. Bach

in that order.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Music is the ultimate love language. It has powerful healing and regenerative properties. The greatest musical composers of all time are:

1. Mozart
2, Beethoven
3. Bach

in that order.

It's hard to argue with that list.

Mozart was on another level. Call it divine inspiration or whatever. He was not normal. I sometimes play music for my critters to see if they care. I can't say I'm keeping score but I've been doing this since 2009 and the results have not been ambiguous. Mozart turns heads. Nothing else is even close. There is something in his music that crosses the species barrier more often than anything else I've tried.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
It's hard to argue with that list.

Mozart was on another level. Call it divine inspiration or whatever. He was not normal. I sometimes play music for my critters to see if they care. I can't say I'm keeping score but I've been doing this since 2009 and the results have not been ambiguous. Mozart turns heads. Nothing else is even close. There is something in his music that crosses the species barrier more often than anything else I've tried.

I’m glad you agree. Mozart had the highest musical IQ of any composer. He died young so he did not realize his full potential. Most lists I’ve seen have Bach and Beethoven above Mozart, even suggesting that Mozart, had he lived longer, might have been threatened by Beethoven’s work, and that Bach and Beethoven’s musical pieces and compositions were more complex. I just think Mozart was so far ahead of everyone else during his time that had he have lived longer he would have outshined and far surpassed Beethoven and Bach’s capabilities.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's fascinating. Beethoven seems like the pinnacle (if only because Mozart didn't live long enough to get there) but I play Beethoven for my critters and they don't care. But I play Mozart and they stop in their tracks to have a listen. They like it.

Top Bottom