Votes: 55 79.7%
  • Android phone

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • IPhone

Votes: 17 24.6%

• Total voters

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
This is going to fill people with shock and horror, but...I'm still on a old Vista desktop.

I should have upgraded years ago, but part of me is wondering how long I can keep the old machine running.

At this point I AM running into problems even VIEWING some websites. But, I usually figure out some workaround or alternative. So, hopefully, if you're upgrading the forum software, I'll still be able to comment on the new version of the site.
I remember absolutely despising Vista back in the day. It's like every single detail of its design just rubbed me the wrong way. But I wish you luck in keeping the old box running.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Don't have internet at our home, so all my browsing is on my phone (android).

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Laptop most of the time. I use my phone (Android) to just check in on threads and that's it. And my tablet (also Android)? Ehh well I sometimes use that too but it's mostly my laptop either way.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
RIght now, I'm viewing the forum with a big annoying TFSource ad showing up smack dab in the middle of the Transformers Discussion forum page, instead of at the top of the page where it's supposed to be.

EDIT: The ad keeps flip-flopping between TFSource and BBTS. Both on my phone and on my laptop.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had to put it in there to show up on mobile screens because the top ads for our sponsors weren't getting displayed at all :'(

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm desktop PC all of the way, while I could access the site on my phone, I chose not to, I rather access the form via the PC as I have done for years

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
RIght now, I'm viewing the forum with a big annoying TFSource ad showing up smack dab in the middle of the Transformers Discussion forum page, instead of at the top of the page where it's supposed to be.

EDIT: The ad keeps flip-flopping between TFSource and BBTS. Both on my phone and on my laptop.
Yeah that's what it's supposed to do and has always done.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm a majority desktop when looking at the forums and mobile when looking at Discord. I NEVER look at Discord on my desktop, but I do sometimes look at the forums on Safari on my iPhone.

Kup

Citizen
I’m blown away by the number of desktop/laptop votes. iOS/Android split less so, but in a mobile-first world there’s something refreshing about that.

I’m genuinely curious why so many Allsparkers are desktop users. I’d think most of us are late X to mid Millennial in age, so is the Oregon Trail effect?

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I spend most of time at home either on my desktop or on my couch, where my Steamdeck is docked into my TV, running desktop mode. There isn't really anywhere in my apartment that I'd want to view the forum and don't have access to a desktop, aside from like my bed.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I can't speak for everyone, but as an Allsparker in their mid-to-late-forties, I am just more comfortable browsing on a larger screen; always have been. Phones are nice and all, but I rarely use them to do much of my online "business of life." Also, this hobby tends to be very pic and video heavy, so I want to see things as large and as clearly as possible.

Edit: I do tend to browse the site on my phone during substantial events, such as Botcon, Comicon, etc., mainly because I want to keep up with the steady stream of news.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm a majority desktop when looking at the forums and mobile when looking at Discord. I NEVER look at Discord on my desktop, but I do sometimes look at the forums on Safari on my iPhone.

That one always weirds me out because if you're on the forums anyway why not have another tab open on the browser to discord?

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I mean I use the Discord app on my phone. I use Safari only to browse the forums on my phone. The main reason for this is bandwidth tracking. I use my work laptop and VPN so they can track my bandwidth usage. DIscord uses a lot more bandwidth than the forums. I check the forums for a few minutes at a time on my browser but I can have Discord running whenever I want on my phone. In fact, right now I have it up on my phone at the same time I'm on my PC for this.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Im basically 99% Android Phone. I dont like Discord so I don't use that.

The ads have always shown on my phone at the top and bottom of the page, theyre usually some pervy anime game tho. Now I got those and the intrusive BBTS/Tf Source one. Id gladly pitch in to a monthly patreon to keep the lights on.

Top Bottom