Hasbro PulseCon 2023, Hosted by Dan Larson & Thew Adams

Shadewing

Citizen
I'd want a new Devastator just based on how dissapointing I found the Combiner Wars version. Weak joints leaving bots (including Devastator) unable to hold up their weapons, weird proportions, lack of articualtion and hwatever the heck is going on with bonecrushers split groin not sticking together. However, they did just reissue that a few years ago.

Considering SS86 has redone Arcee and Ultra Magnus, I could totally see a SS86 Devastator being on the docket in a year or two. I don't hate CW Devie, but he does have some issues that could be fixed/done better and the team probably has more skill to pull him off nowadays without as many compromises to the components. Plus he feels like a natural follow up release once all the Dinobots are released.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Considering that Arcee was a retool of the Legends mold though (and Magnus pulls in at least part from the MP, doesn't it?) I have a feeling any SS86 Devastator won't be a total re-engineer, but based on the CW version. It's not an impossibility that they'll do something new, but I would expect something similar.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Arcee is also a deluxe, not six voyager (or bigger) sized figures sold in a boxset.

It's an easier ask that people do a $25 upgrade than a $200+ one.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'll say first that that could be awesomely cool. I'm not down on the idea of a dedicated playset.

That said I do not believe we will ever get a non-Transforming playset like that either at retail or especially as something that needs high fan appeal like a Haslab. It's just too far off brand, too far from what folks want from Transformers, if it doesn't turn into a giant robot. Hasbro would never do it.

Joe or Star Wars, even Marvel might pull off a straight playset on Haslab but Transformers I can't see it.

-ZacWilliam, if I was in charge I'd try my damnest to get a Darkmount and Smelting Pool Playset and Titan Class Spanner, even if it would just be for me. ;)
...don't they do non-Transforming Transformers toys now?

Anyway, if that's a problem, then make it the Five Faces of Darkness version, and have it turn from a mountain base into a battle station. Done.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm the only one, but I'm still hoping it's a Studio Series '86 Autobot Matrix of Leadership.

Guessing it will be Metroplex or Devastator though.
I would rather it be the Matrix, because I can gladly skip that AND it'd be reasonably popular enough to have a following. But I'd be cooked if one of the tiers had a Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime.

I wouldn't mind having to save up for a Metroplex, but preferably around Omega Supreme size.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I'd say the timing may well be right for a new Devastator, but still believe that most of the engineering issues in the CW version would have been solved simply by not making the thing so much larger than all other CW combiners. It was too big, and the excuses they gave for making it big were utter nonsense.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I like UW/CW Devastator and I think that he looks pretty good in combined mode. The size is fine, IMO, and vehicle modes are okayish but the robot modes, yeesh. It's a page 1 rewrite for most of the robot modes.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
He's correctly sized to fight Omega Supreme, which is a big plus for me.
If that's the standard, then I'd say OS was too large, too.

Bottom line, bigger is not always better, and Devastator shouldn't be larger than other combiners. If we want to do a remake, we at least now have Menasor to match to, so a larger Devastator can make some sense, but that does add engineering challenges.

(Of course, it's not like G1 Devastator would be considered an engineering marvel in modern terms, would it?)

RCX

Citizen
I really want the HasLab to be Cybertron/Primus. What better 40th anniversary gift could there be than going back and giving us the actual minute-one origin of Transformers in massive toy form?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I really want the HasLab to be Cybertron/Primus. What better 40th anniversary gift could there be than going back and giving us the actual minute-one origin of Transformers in massive toy form?
And I still want a Primus from Kingdom Rodimus, colored like this:

Generations_Selects_Primus.jpg

Doesn't have to be chrome; shiny metallic paint would suffice.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A Haslab Cybertron/Primus I could see and might want. It would certainly fit the 40th as a BIG release that ties in to every version of Transformers to ever have been.

A better Metroplex would be great to me, because much as i like CW, the weak ratchets bug me to hell. And ankles for pretty much all later Titans. So a beefier, better Metro. Maybe one that goes more G1, but with a little FOC game influence would be nice.

A new Devy? I can see the appeal, and the increased beef of a Haslab. But Devy just seems.. not quite as exciting.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Times of panels just went up.
TFs is first.

Basically:
TFs 45 min
PR 20 min
SW 45 min
Dnd 25 min
MtG 20 min
MarLeg 40 min
Joe 30 min

-ZacWilliam, ish of course

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I’m surprised PR is before SW and GI Joe is last. Unless they have something really big planned for it.

Top Bottom