Food Thread - Post pictures of Food

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
"Seafood pasta bake", with scallops, king prawns and veggies in white sauce, cooked by the missus
IMG_20230321_183155.jpg

IMG_20230321_183328.jpg

IMG_20230321_170513.jpg

"Tarako" (spicy cod roe with mayonnaise) flavoured crisps and prawn flavoured crackers to accompany the pasta bake.

IMG_20230321_170507.jpg

Cold noodles (my gf loves them)

IMG_20230319_123718.jpg

IMG_20230319_130431.jpg

IMG_20230319_130117.jpg

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Whoa, whoa, I think you're burying the lede here...

A building full of smaller buildings? This, I wanna see!
Sorry, called it "barn" b/c of the name of the place. The main location is on farmland with multiple small buildings and rough categories. There's two additional locations (one building each) within a short drive of each other with more books. Two of the locations also have cats you can pet (if they let you). We went to all 3 locations in a day, the main one is the most exciting. They also buy books in good condition that they might be able to sell. There were some DVDs and CDs, but the main attraction is definitely the books.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
This one is about an hour away, def worth a day trip. Some of the buildings just smelled like old books, which isn't something I thought I missed. We definitely got overwhelmed by the sheer quantity and cheap prices.
Only found out about it from a Imgur comment about awesome used book places. Try searching for one near you!

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
And now, for something different.
20230331_153726~2.jpg
Hubby and I were eating a bag of gummy worms when he found this abomination. There was originally another worm wrapped around it, after peeling it off this was left, all in one piece. TMM noticed that there was actually a bear in the middle of the mass. I wonder how the molds got mixed up.

A tad dissapointed that the taste and texture were completely normal. XD

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
And now, for something different.
View attachment 12988
Hubby and I were eating a bag of gummy worms when he found this abomination. There was originally another worm wrapped around it, after peeling it off this was left, all in one piece. TMM noticed that there was actually a bear in the middle of the mass. I wonder how the molds got mixed up.

A tad dissapointed that the taste and texture were completely normal. XD
Maybe it was a homage to a recent TF Earthspark episode?

Screenshot_20230401-081912.jpg

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
20230401_203419~2.jpg

20230401_203346.jpg

Apologies for the low lighting. It wasn't THAT yellow! This came out pretty decent, though I used medium grain rice, so next time it needs more rice/less broth. Also used defrosted xsmall shrimp, they still needed 4 more mins to cook. Not as good as when my mom used to make it, but still.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I rarely get to eat this so my girlfriend made it for us.

View attachment 13636
Looks good, though I'm having trouble precisely identifying a few things. Looks like some sort of bread, tomatoes, sausages, and I thought corn at first, but upon closer inspection, maybe those are actually beans?

That leaves the stuff between the sausages and tomatoes, which I can't quite pin down.

Edit: Wait, is that pea meal bacon?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Looks good, though I'm having trouble precisely identifying a few things. Looks like some sort of bread, tomatoes, sausages, and I thought corn at first, but upon closer inspection, maybe those are actually beans?

That leaves the stuff between the sausages and tomatoes, which I can't quite pin down.

Edit: Wait, is that pea meal bacon?

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
20230422_184618~2.jpg
From the 2nd $1 cookbook I got, a recipe for sweet raisin bread. Didn't want to get bread flour b/c I have too many varieties of flour already, so used all-purpose. This one wasn't hard, just a lot of getting up and kneading and temperature adjusting. End result is mildly sweet with a slight sourdough taste. Going to try making a PBJ sandwich with it tomorrow.

20230415_162659.jpg
2nd attempt at cuñapé from earlier this month. Turned out much better. Kept working the dough until it stuck together, didn't need the milk this time. Also reduced the heat to 425°F but cooked for the same amount of time. This time the bottoms weren't slightly burnt.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Reminds me of a joke OC I made way back.

20230424_145943~2.jpg
Made meatball sliders today.
-Heat up frozen meatballs in sauce for 15mins (or cook up your own).
-Get 20 broche buns, arrange in a baking pan (one bun will be left over). Carve out holes partway through the buns.
-Fill each bun hole with some shredded cheese on the bottom, a meatball, the sauce, and more cheese.
-Brush with olive oil mixed with ground parmesan cheese and parsley (minced garlic optional)
-Cook at 350°F. 10 minutes covered in foil, 10 minutes without foil.

These came out pretty darn good! I didn't get Hawaiian buns b/c I was afraid they'd be too sweet, but the ones we got were still on the sweet side. Still had a nice contrast with the Swedish meatballs and everything else. Apparently there's a whole lot of similar recipes for stuffing buns and tossing them in the oven. Might need a side next time, they did not last. :LOL:
We just munched on the bun cores that got removed, but if you make your own meatballs, you can use them to mix with the ground meat.

Top Bottom