Food Thread - Post pictures of Food

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
IMG_20230129_131428.jpg

Curried chicken legs, mixed salad with Caesar salad dressing and chicken and courgette gnocchi pasta (all premade from Costco).

IMG_20230122_131515.jpg

Jambalaya, with a side of lamb and fresh mint and a fried egg on top.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
IMG_20230202_230341663.jpg

Seafood alfredo I made tonight with fettucine noodles, Italian-imported alfredo sauce, shrimp, clams, calamari, and octopus. There's two different sizes of shrimp because I had some large shrimp I needed to use up and smaller shrimp in the seafood medley. I would've just done the bigger shrimp, but why pass up some of the other seafood?

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
No pics b/c the food's just about gone.
Day 1: Make 3lbs of taco meat. Make tacos.
Day 2: Leftover tacos.
Day 3/today: Take leftover meat, add one large can crushed tomatoes, can of beans, chopped up jalapeño poppers that were too spicy alone, and some water. Chili!
Day 4/tomorrow: Use leftover chili as sauce for cheese tortellini.

This is the type of meal prep I like. Make something big on a day off, make it last awhile.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I had today off, so decided to surprise TMM with some nicer food.
20230214_145843~2.jpg
Barbeque chicken breast with garlic & cheese mashed potatoes, spinach on the side. I was originally going to do ribs, but they didn't have any left at the market. Basically drowned the chicken in BBQ sauce and baked it. It was ok, but I'm not too big on BBQ anyway.

20230214_173009~2.jpg
Dessert was supposed to be these cinnamon rolls. Fast recipe w/out yeast, but the dough was super sticky/loose. Had a hard time rolling it, they turned more into cinnamon lumps. There is a light confectioner's sugar glaze on them, rolls just absorbed it. These were cooked in a muffin tray. Texture was crunchy/chewier on the outside, still tasty.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So I saw an ad on Facebook for a new local brewery restaurant. Had a delicious looking chipotle burger advertised for their daily special. But it was a busy week so it was a few days later when I decided to try the place.

Instead of a burger though, I got curious about the Baja Calliflower Tacos on the menu. And damn that was actually a pretty good choice.

C2A00D0E-FD77-44E3-B8AA-54DB05497C5A.jpeg

Should have taken a before picture. This was after the first taco. But despite the lack of meat in the tacos, they were really good. Tempura fried cauliflower, mango coconut slaw, avacado lime cilantro sauce, with honey siracha and some spicy mexi-corn.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I would be all over that. Yesterday, TMM and I hit Providence Place mall. We usually avoid it due to crowds and a bad parking garage. There was a Brazilian grill with a long line, but it was SO worth it. I got chicken stroganoff, veggies, and rice. Veggies weren't terribly exciting, but al least they were still a bit crunchy and not over-seasoned/fatty. The stroganoff was a reddish creamy sauce, not sure what was in it, but it was perfect with the rice.
TMM got a tall burger that I could barely bite. Patty, sausage, bacon, plus sauce and lettuce/tomato. Also really good, and came with fries that were nice and crispy. Even TMM couldn't finish the whole thing in one sitting. No pics b/c forgot to.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Okonomiyaki burger? Carbonara? Apples and Maple Syrup?

Ironbite-so I'm gonna go replace Canada as a member of the G-7 so...bye.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
A few weeks ago, TMM and I hit up the Book Barn in CT, a huge well, barn full of small buildings and LOTS of used books. Picked up two cookbooks for a buck each!
20230326_225421.jpg
This one is full of simple dishes. They don't all feature Pillsbury products.
20230326_225455.jpg
Got to try this one today. No pics of the one we made, it didn't last long enough. Definitely needs more sauce if you're eating it with pasta/rice/etc. Biscuits came out a bit doughy. Next time I'll double the gravy, heat the meatballs in a saucepan, and bake the biscuits separately. Taste was pretty good.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A few weeks ago, TMM and I hit up the Book Barn in CT, a huge well, barn full of small buildings and LOTS of used books. Picked up two cookbooks for a buck each!
Whoa, whoa, I think you're burying the lede here...

A building full of smaller buildings? This, I wanna see!

Top Bottom