Florida, Florida, Florida

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
They want to take us to 1984, but they need to slow everything down enough to read the book and figure out how first, because it uses a lot of big words and their schools haven't taught them how to read at an adult level.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
GOP: "We're the party of protecting children from groomers and woke ideology"
Also the GOP: "Children should be slaves. Also it should be legal for a 50-year-old man to marry a 12-year-old girl."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Jennifer Dean told 10 Tampa Bay: "It's crazy. My kids walk by there all the time. So it's really scary. I've seen four or five-feet gators but nothing that big."

That's the Florida attitude. "Don't bother me about a hurricane until it's at least a 3" and "Don't bother me about an alligator until it's at least 10 feet."

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Here in Southern California, I unironically dismiss any Earthquake lower than a 4.0 as not worth posting on the news (especially not with the common "did you feel it?" tag that a lot of the clickbait posts use. No. I didn't. If I did, I thought it was a truck rolling by outside.).

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
A fundraising page has been set up for Ms Peckham by her family, who said the woman was living in a homeless camp near the wooded area at the time of her death.
Oh man, if only there was some way to avoid this like providing everyone with a home.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Yep, having grown up in Florida, gators and hurricanes are just part of the landscape.

Here in Southern California, I unironically dismiss any Earthquake lower than a 4.0 as not worth posting on the news (especially not with the common "did you feel it?" tag that a lot of the clickbait posts use. No. I didn't. If I did, I thought it was a truck rolling by outside.).
If you have to even ask the question "did you feel it?" it's not worth writing an article about.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
jojo nailed the typical floridian reaction to seeing a gator over 10 feet
1696892907970.jpeg

NovaSaber

Citizen

Christian Ziegler, Florida’s GOP chairman and husband of Sarasota County School Board member and Moms of Liberty co-founder Bridget Ziegler, is under criminal investigation after a woman filed a complaint with the Sarasota Police Department alleging the longtime Republican official had raped her, according to a heavily redacted police report obtained by the Florida Trident.

The complaint was filed on October 4 and the alleged sexual battery occurred inside the woman’s home in Sarasota on October 2, according to the report. Among the few words that went unredacted in the report are “rape” and “sexual assault complaint.”

Top Bottom